Chapter 3

"Hey!" I turned around and saw that it was Cosette. "Need a ride home?" she asked again. I shook my head. "I'm going to Curtis today, remember?" Cosette slammed her forehead. "Right. See you tomorrow then?" "Great," I gave her the thumbs up sign.

     "Hey Abbygail!" I smiled when I saw that it was Jane, my best friend in Curtis. Since I was a piano student in Curtis and she was also one, we often got paired up when it was time to do duet performances, thus enhancing our friendship. "Rumors are that there's a new student here," she whispered when we got close enough. "Really? What instrument does the student play?" I frowned. It wasn't easy to get into Curtis, and it wasn't even the beginning of the year! "I don't know, but I think we'll see the new student soon enough," Jane winked. As we hurried to our Theory class, we heard a lot of people gossiping in the hallways, mostly about the new student.

    "Hello class, I hope all of you have had an amazing week," Mr. Johnson, our teacher greeted. "More like a gruesome week," Jane snickered. "But before we begin our class, we have a new student.," Mr. Johnson continued. Gasps and whispers were heard from all around the classroom. "May I present, Greyson," Mr. Johnson introduced. My eyes nearly popped out when I saw Greyson Chance, that new guy from my school, walk in. "No...." I gasped loudly. Everyone was looking at me. When Greyson's eyes and mine finally met, I could see the same expression in his eyes: shock and curiosity. Then suddenly he smiled his cute smile. "Hey, I know Abbygail! She's from my school!" Greyson exclaimed while pointing at me. Mr. Johnson cleared his throat. "Right, you haven't introduced yourself yet, kiddo." Gresyon chuckled. "Yeah. My name is Greyson Chance. I am 15 this year. Today is my first day as a piano student here in Curtis. I'm very thankful to be accepted into their Young Talents Program." "Thank you, Greyson. Now please take a seat," Mr. Johnson instructed.

    Greyson walked towards me while looking at me straight in the eye. "Hey, mind if I sit here?" he asked, pointing to an empty chair beside me. "Um, no, go ahead and sit," I said, attempting to concentrate on whatever Mr. Johnson was teaching. I saw Greyson scribbling on a piece of paper, but I couldn't care enough to see what he was writing. I saw him shove the paper under my hand. Curious, I unfolded the paper to see what he'd written: "Is this fate? :p" Smiling, I scribbled back: "Maybe :p" Greyson grinned and listened to Mr. Johnson.

    "Damn, he's cute," Jane giggled as we walked out of Mr. Johnson's class. I rolled my eyes. "Oh, please. You've had enough of exes." Jane pouted and made a face. "Abbygail!" someone behind us called. It was Greyson. "Ooh look, it's the cute guy!" Jane squealed. I crossed my arms and tried to act cool. "I can't believe we play the same instrument," Greyson panted, "Maybe we'll get paired up one day for a performance!" "Oh, no," Jane cut in, "I'd rather you pair up with me." I nudged her and Greyson gave her an attractive smirk. "If that's what you say. What's your name then, sweetie pie?" Jane blushed and replied. "Stop flirting, you two," I retorted, feeling goosebumps on my skin. "Alright then. It's performance class next. Can't wait!" Greyson said, jumping around like a small kid. "Um, it's not as fun as you think. Hope you get paired up with Jane," I said with a wink. "C'mon, let's go!" Jane exclaimed, pulling both of us along.