Chapter 2

"Alright guys, settle down, settle down." Miss Laney said as she walked into the classroom. Cosette poked me. "I hope she doesn't start with Algebra again." "Yeah, me too," I replied, eyeing the number of exercise books she brought in. "Quiet!" Miss Laney shouted. The whole class went quiet. We knew better than to mess with her. "Okay. Now, we have a new student here. Greyson, please come in." When he came in, I realized that he was the guy that bumped into me and Cosette earlier. "Would you like to introduce yourself, Greyson?" Miss Laney was watching him with those ferocious eyes of hers. Greyson looked a little terrified. I don't blame him, either. I'd be terrified too.

     "Um, hi, my name is Greyson Chance. You guys can call me Greyson. I just moved here from Edmond, Oklahoma. I was born in Texas," Greyson bit his lip. "I'm a little younger then some of you, because I skipped a grade." Some of the boys looked at me and snickered. I looked down and played with my fingers. I'd skipped two grades, and had always been nicknamed as 'nerd'. "Alright, Greyson, you can sit anywhere you want. There's an empty space behind Abbygail, if you want," Miss Laney instructed. Greyson walked awkwardly towards his seat. Only when he walked towards his seat I had a good look at him. He had brown eyes, brown hair, and he was slim. But I suspected he had abs. Overall, he was cute.

     I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. "Hey," came a voice from behind.  I spun around to see Greyson smiling shyly at me. "Hey," I smiled. "You look younger than most of the people here," Greyson whispered, because Miss Laney was busy talking. "Well, that's because I skipped two grades," I tried,  trying not to sound like a nerd. "Really? Wow, you must be a genius!" I guess Greyson said that a little too loudly, because Miss Laney caught us and told us to shut up.

      When class was over, I scurried over to my locker. "Hey, we meet again!" I looked up and saw that Greyson had the locker next to mine. "Wha-?" I laughed. Then I looked at his face again. Something about his face was just so familiar! "You know, you look familiar," I said absent-mindedly. "Oh," Greyson rubbed the nape of his neck with and uncomfortable look in his eyes. "Why? Do people always tell you that?" I asked, curious. "No, it's just.... I feel uneasy when people say that," Greyson smiled. But the smile didn't reach his eyes, which meant that he was lying. But I didn't want to press him any further. "It's ok. What's your next class?" I asked, trying to change the topic. "Um, English," Greyson answered, checking his timetable. "Oh, I'm having Science. Good luck then!" I said, walking away. "Thanks!" Greyson called.