I Got Drunk and Married an Arrogant Rockstar? You've Got to be Kidding Me! [15]

I Got Drunk and Married an Arrogant Rockstar? You've got to be kidding me! [15]

. :Previously...

Abby had brought the movie "Blind Side" so we watched that after Megan got popcorn. It was just the three of us; Kyle had gone out with his friends, so we had the house to ourselves. Megan's parents were in London. It amazes me that they would leave their kids alone. Kyle almost burnt the house down one time. He was trying to "summon the dead!" with candles. As surprising as this seems, he forgot to blow them out afterwards.

He had to buy a new couch because of that. You can guess why.

The movie had ended a few hours later at 6:30 P.M. It was just like old times now. We were lying on our stomachs and talking. A bowl of M&Ms was in the center of the circle we made. I was telling them about Alex; Abby had asked.

"Alex is like an M&M," I said. "He's hard on the outside, but I bet he's softer on the inside."

"So, you guys haven't, like, kissed yet?" Abby asked. There was a twinge of envy in her voice.

"Well...Yeah. Twice."

Abby rolled her eyes. "Twice? Seriously? You've known him for what, how long?"

"Drop it," Megan said. "We don't need to talk about him yet." I could tell she thought what I was thinking.

I couldn't really tell if Abby was happy for me or not. But I swear I saw a look of agitation on her face when she thought I wasn't looking.

---

It was 1:00 A.M right now; we were half awake, half asleep. My night took a wrong turn after what Abby said. She continued to be bitter and rude.

I felt a little depressed. I'm not sure if I can trust anyone right now, even Alex.

Speaking of which, I thought about Alex a lot too. After the conversation with Abby he just seemed to pop up in my mind regularly. That was another thing that put a damper on my night. I still had six days to go before I get to see Alex again.

I wonder what he's doing right now.

Abby and Megan are sleeping. We had continued talking before. It was too awkward for us to do anything else. I completely felt like a third wheel. Abby and Megan had all these jokes, the kinds the three of us used to always have.

It was different now. And I hated it. We weren't the trio we used to be. Now it's Abby and Megan...oh, and Elena. I tried to make it seem like I was happy and that I enjoyed this whole thing. I guess it was pretty fun. At least I got to talk to them, right? I mean, except for the fact that Abby seems to hate me now, or so it seems. But I overact and over think a lot, so maybe I'm just dwelling over it too much.

Something was keeping me up. I tried convincing myself that if I didn't go to sleep the house would blow up. I didn't even bother with counting sheep; that never worked.

And then my phone beeped, I had gotten a text message. It was right next to me and I had forgotten all about it. As soon as I saw the number of the sender, I smiled. Alex.

'hey, love' my smiled grew wider as I read it.

'hey, how are you?' I replied. The thing I liked about Alex was that he didn't know enough about my past to fully judge me. Almost like what Abby is doing...

Jerk.

Abby, I mean. Not Alex.

'fine, but i've been getting migraines. how about you?'

'bitchy friend? nope. i'm great. migraines?' I replied.

'it's nothing. so, I see you've survived so far.'