I Got Drunk and Married an Arrogant Rockstar? You've Got to be Kidding Me! [8]

I Got Drunk and Married an Arrogant Rockstar? You've got to be Kidding Me! [8]

*Good news, I'm in the process of making a website for this story. It'll have character pictures and everything. Yay!

Also, check out KatKrazy's story! It's really good.

This chapter is short, but I might be able to post later on in the week. Today was just extremely busy for me and right now I should probably be typing an essay thing, and I should be doing all my homework. I have A LOT of homework:[

Psh, the things I sacrifice to get a chapter of this story out.

xoxo,

~katie

---

Previously...

"Alex Carter was seen in Lancaster, California with just a fan...or a girlfriend?" The newscaster reported. She looked stocky and snobby, but I tried not to judge her. A picture popped up beside her. "A bystander, who demands to keep the identity secluded, took this very picture."

The picture was when Alex had grabbed my hand and questioned the fact that I was still wearing the ring. When we were behind the hotel...Right before that girl came and asked for Alex's autograph. I could've sworn I had seen a camera flash. But was it that girl?

The part I worried about was that you could clearly see my face. It was only my profile, but you could still see me. I gritted my teeth.

"Yikes, so much for your mystery girl," Brian said.

"Shut up," Alex retorted, he smacked Brian in the stomach.

"Ah, you have got to stop doing that!" He was almost doubled over.

Alex mumbled something and cursed Brian.

Even if you could only see my profile, it's not that hard to tell who it is. There are over 600 people (in my high school) that know whom I am. It wouldn't be that hard. Someone's going to find out who I am.

Oh great.

Chapter 8...The Underdog

After I had taken a shower, I felt better. Although my clothes were still stained, I was okay with that.

Afterwards, I had opened the translucent door in the kitchen leading into the balcony. I was now sitting in one of the chairs provided. Taking in a deep breathe of the Californian air, I was relaxed. Fortunately, the apartment building was awfully close to the beach. I stared out into the vast as I felt the mist from the ferocious waves hit me. The subtle squawking of birds soaring overhead with fog and mist on their backs, the stars that glistened in the murky azure sky, the tranquil wind as it ruffled the palm trees. These are some of the reasons why I love California.

I felt drowsy as each second ticked by. As each violent tide lapped and tugged at the sand. For a second, I felt mentally and emotionally clean. I thought of no hatred, of no envy, of no agony. I felt free. As if all my problems had affixed to the muscular wings of freedom's eagle. I felt as if all my struggles had now intertwined themselves with each serene breeze and now became one of the wind's secret. I hadn't felt like this in forever. I found myself lost in the full moon, coincidently full, that is, as it shone like a flashlight in the dark depths of California. The nighttime never looked and felt this magnificent in Lancaster.

Lancaster. Ah. Every memory of Lancaster felt distant. My heart ached as I thought of my two best friends, Abby and Megan. They probably think I ditched them. That I don't like them anymore. Right now, I would give more than anything to be sitting in Megan's bedroom, with Abby, talking. Even gossiping, which I never particularly favored. We would have been in our sleep bags with bowls of popcorn and M&M's surrounding us.