Chapter 11

I'm so sorry this chapter has taken so long everyone! I have been so busy all of a sudden with school work, and over this weekend I had my Church youth weekend away, which was truly an incredible experience and an amazing opportunity to connect with God :)
I am so sorry that it took so long, for about a week the chapter has been nearly finished.... with just a paragraph to finish off, but I haven't had any time to do it! Again, I'm really sorry, but I hope you enjoy the chapter, even though it isn't the most eventful.....
Anyway, enjoy the chapter, and God bless!
smileyjemima x

"Sure, I'll go get one for you." Leyanne smiled, and laughed a bit to herself. 'How like Abby. Forgetting a toothbrush.'

Abby was left alone in her friends room. The exposed wooden floor was smooth and shiny, and the fluffy rug that sat on top of it was soft, and Abby felt like her feet sank into it. The double bed in the middle of the room had a white duvet cover on it, with a floral quilt on top. Next to the door was an old fashioned writing desk, with photos pinned up around the frame of it. A lot of them were family photos, of Abby and her parents, or cousins, a few of whom Abby had met. There were a few of people she didn't recognise, family friends she guessed. There were a couple of pictures of people she recognised from the Church, and quite a few of Benjamin, Naomi-May and the others. But what surprised Abby was how many there were of her still there. There were about 8 photos that had her in. There were selfies they had taken together, pictures from school plays that their proud mothers had taken, and a picture of them hugging, from when they were 7. They were out on a walk together with Mrs Liberty, and they stopped for a bit, and when they gave each other a hug, Mrs Liberty had quickly taken the photo. That photo had been on Abby's desk for a while, but she moved it when they stopped talking as much. But that photo hadn't moved. It was in exactly the same place as it had always been. Just like Abby had always been in the same place in Leyanne's heart, but Abby didn't have the room in her heart left for Leyanne. But even though Leyanne had so many new friends, and she suddenly loved God with her whole heart, but she still could love Abby.

"Got it, you know where the bathroom is, and there's some toothpaste on the sink."

Leyanne walked into the room, interrupting Abby's train of thought.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about that photo." She pointed at the crumpled, slightly folded piece of card.

"I love that photo." Leyanne said. "Do you remember that walk?" she asked, chuckling.