Chapter 8

Yay! 100 reads! Thank you all so much for your votes and stuff aswell! And if you haven't voted and you like it then please do vote!

Enjoy the chapter...!

As she walked through her front door, Abby could smell something bad. She wrinkled her nose and went into the kitchen. She could see a milk bottle sitting there, with no lid on. Next to it was a half finished bowl of cereal. All the milk would have gone bad by now, and that was all they had. Abby rolled her eyes, and cleared up the mess. Once she was done she wrote out a note on a post-it to get milk, and left it on the kitchen island. Throwing the pen into the drawer, Abby looked around the grubby kitchen. All the surfaces needed cleaning, and the oven was disgusting. The dishwasher sat half full, with a pile of dirty plates on top of it.

'Better get started now then.' she thought. She quickly ran upstairs to change. She took of the cream and silver jumper she was wearing, and put a black tank top on instead. She kept her leggings on, and pulled her dirty blonde hair into a messy bun.

Running back downstairs, Abby grabbed her headphones so she could listen to music as she cleaned up for her mum.

Half an hour later, she heard a key in the door, and she heard her mum swear as something, probably a phone, dropped onto the floor. Dora wailed, surprised by the noise, and Gabriella swore some more.

"Abby! Come get your sister now!" Gabriella screeched, and Abby pulled out one headphone and went into the hall.

Gabriella was stressed. Her long glossy brown hair was untidy, pulled hastily into a ponytail. Her coat was sitting wonkily on her shoulders, and her bag was not properly shut. Seeing that Dora was about to be dropped, Abby grabbed her from her mum, and shushed her sobs.

"That was a long appointment! You were gone for hours! They didn't find a problem did they?" Abby was suddenly worried.

"Well. Yes." Gabriella sighed, visibly upset.

"What?" Abby panicked.

"Well, aside from her slow learning, talking and walking, all that stuff-"

"What is it Mum?" Abby interrupted, close to tears. Gabriella took a deep breath, obviously deeply moved by what she was about to say.

"She has brain tumour."

********

A while later, Abby and her mum had finally ceased their tears, and Gabriella was able to explain. After she had been told, Anny broke down in tears, as did Gabriella. The two had sat on the stairs together crying, with baby Dora in front of them, looking so happy and healthy. She had no clue. To her, she had simply been rushed around a big white building for a while and been poked by a couple of different men in white coats and had various things shoved in her face.

Over the next couple of hours, they searched and searched, trying to find out as much about it as they could. They found good and bad stories, but by the end of their session they felt more confident that Dora would be okay. In the meantime, they couldn't do anything about it.

"There's no point getting stressed and worried and stuff, because we can't do anything. It's the doctors that need to stress out, cause if my baby dies than I will sue."

Abby smiled half heartedly. Gabriella stopped at nothing to get what she wanted.

"Yeah. I guess." Abby agreed.

"So. Indian or Chinese?" Abby smiled at her mum, who was holding up two leaflets.

About 45 minutes later, the three of them, Abby, Dora, and their mum, were sitting around the table, eating their Chinese takeout. Abby loved to spend time with her mum, and she didn't get to do it often, because one or the other was always out at a party or club.

"So, sweetie, hows school going? And how's Leyanne? I haven't seen her in ages!" Gabriella saw a look of sadness cross her daughters face, but quickly disappear.

"Yeah, she's fine, but we aren't as close as we were." Abby said, not wanting to explain to her mum about everything. "And obviously, schools boring. Duh!"

"Obviously," Gabriella rolled her eyes, "well if you don't work hard then you'll end up like me! Working as a receptionist somewhere!" Gabriella laughed at herself. She was a receptionist in an optician's and orthodontist's part time, but worked in Boors part time too. It was hard for her her to juggle both jobs and all her kids, but they scraped by.

"Well you said you always wanted to work in beauty!" Abby teased, getting a jokey light slap round the head from her mum.

"The cheek!" Gabriella said, "have some respect for your mother!" she laughed.

The two spent a while joking around and chatting, before Abby retreated upstairs to get ready for bed.

She pulled on the shorts and tank top that she used as pajamas, and brushed her teeth. Crawling into bed, she checked her phone for any messages. She had a few, because she hasn't checked her phone since she got home, because of Dora. Tears brimmed in Abby's eyes as she thought of her baby sister suffering. She quickly wiped them away, and looked back at her phone. She had messages from Bailey and Gemma asking her to go shopping  with them, and a message from Leyanne. 'hey! hope you enjoyed it earlier! come back next week? c u @ school!' she smiled, and after apologising to everyone for not replying, but not telling them why she didn't reply, she put her phone on silent, and lay down in her bed, and, exhausted from the trauma of the day, fell asleep almost immediately.