Chapter 4: What's That Shiny Thing In The Cake?

okay, so this chapter is up but my internet is pretty crappy so i haven't had time to edit the gaps between paragraphs so i'm really sorry i just thought you'd like an update seeing as i've had time to write a lil' bit more. As soon as my internet perks up i'll do a load of editing and updating :)x

Max flinched when his hand touched mine, I closed my eyes as he lifted his free hand up and softly placed it onto my forehead, he leant backwards then knelt steadily to stand; when he arose from the floor and was stood in front of me I heard movement then a chair scrape which didn’t help my headache but trying my best not to cringe I slowly opened my eyes once again taking a large deep breath.

I looked straight up and ahead to where max was stood but to my surprise he wasn’t there, he was sat in the chair opposite to me giving me a curios look that has got me feeling pretty anxious.

(Max’s P.O.V)

Rosie went really pale, it was like she’d been painted or like someone had thrown a bag of flour over her, I started to give the waitresses a look of help for them to get some water for us and some privacy, they got 2 glasses, a jug of water and they went back to cooking to give me and Rosie some time to talk.

I checked my watch to make sure I was alright on time and it was only 8:10 we had plenty of time till school and till we have to meet the guys/girls.

I stood up and went to sit on the opposing side to Rosie to talk to her, when she opened her gorgeous eyes she looked as though she was lost until her eyes met mine then a pale blush rose to her cheeks making her and me smile as she got shy and looked towards the cake again.

“Max? What is this?”

“Just look and find out cutie, you remember how I said best friends forever?”

She nodded “uh-huh?” she picked up a fork and started digging into the cake. When the silver band was stuck around the fork tooth she slowly started levitating her hand and her eyes grew bigger and bigger as she saw it...

The Ring was fully silver with stunning tiny purple and blue encrusted patterns around the edge of the small diamond.

Her mouth dropped as she looked up to me and she had the most shocked but loving expression on her face which the shock turned to guilt.

“Oh...My...Freaking...God! What the hell is this for? Its Freaking Absolutely stunning!!!” she excitedly announced

“Aha you like it then cutie?” I asked winking at her.

“Um...TOTALLY! Its fricking gorgeously stunning! I absolutely love it! But what’s it for MJ?”

“Its for you, did you know it’s our 15th anniversary from when we first met?”

“Why have you got this for me though? And yeah that’s why today is a special day and it’s marked on my calendar and in my diary”

“well this is for the anniversary, I wanted it to be something special that you could maybe wear every day, and I never knew you marked it as a special day on your calendar and in your diary” I gave her an astonished look

“Well I will most definitely wear it every day! It’s absolutely 100% beautiful I love it, and yeah totally! Did you really think I’d forget something as important as this?!”

“Of course not but I know how much coursework and how many essays you’ve had recently so I understood that you’ve had a lot on your mind.”

“honestly MJ I’d never forget, girls NEVER forget and especially after fifteen years its permanently glued into my mind so don’t doubt a girl!” she said cockily giving me the smile with the statement.

(Rosie’s P.O.V)

“OKAY, okay ill never doubt a girl again cutie” he said but I knew he was trying to play with me by the fact that he didn’t have the slightest bit of honesty in his tone

I took the ring off the fork and placed it on the table next the mine and max’s interlaced hands he let go of my hand and picked up the ring examining my expression, a flutter of butterflies swarmed to my stomach and made me feel queasy and ill again but I chose to ignore it and concentrate on max, hoping the concussion would fade away extremely soon because I’m sick of these feelings and funny turns.

Max picked up my right hand without second thoughts and slipped the ring on my middle finger without hesitations, I watched him and observed his facial expressions thinking

‘oh my god I can’t believe he’s just done this for me, it’s completely unexpected but he’s so sweet and adorable he has the best choice in presents this ring is fucking stunning!!!’

He looked up to my face so I flicked down to look at the beauty from my guy best friend that was now on my finger.

He stood up and pulled me to his chest so I was being cradled into his chest he held out his right hand for my hand and I immediately put my hand in his as we both looked at it.

“Its perfect Max, I love it, thank you so so much!”

“It fits perfectly, it looks amazing and it adds a little more sparkle to you cutie, glad you like it” he whispered holding me tighter but obviously not too tight.

“Like it?! LIKE it?! I absolutely LOVE it!!!” I told him with my voice a little louder than a whisper as I turned to face him and pulled as close to him as I could to hug him then I pecked him on the cheek.

He sorted something out with the waitresses while I finished off my water then we headed back to the car so we could get heading to school, where loads of questions and accusations would be made etc...but all that matters is that me and my guy best friend are celebrating our 15 year anniversary and we are just best friends (that sometimes unintentionally flirt with one another.)