Chapter 2: What's Max gonna say? Truth or Lies?

Okay so this chapter will be in Rosie's P.O.V but I'm gonna try my best to change the P.OV. I hope your liking it so far, please comment, like or vote: P

"Umm...yeah I thin...um I mean yeah everything's great, I'm just worn out." I said trying my best to convince him not to think anything was wrong.

"You sure? You don't look as cheery as usual, has something happened at home?" he asked sounding so concerned it was getting harder to answer with the way he was looking at me.

"Yeah I'm sure, I'm just worn out like I said, and nooo geez no nothing's happened at home, I'm just a little over concerned about Nate."

"Well okay...but what happened to your cheek?" he asked not sounding too convinced. I put my hand straight up to my cheek to hide the cuts which now felt to be swelling up.

' shit he noticed, will he really believe the cover up story, or shall I just tell him... no I can't tell him, he'll get pissed at Austin and probably try to fight with him' I thought to myself doubting my own cover up story.

"Nothing MJ, its fine, I just tripped in the garden this morning, it's been cleaned and cream has been applied so it's alright, okay? Don't worry!" I told him in a re-assuring tone.

"You tripped?! What did you land on? Has it been checked out?! Have you had any nausea, headaches, dizziness etc...!?!" he asked me in a loud concerned tone.

"yeah I tripped, I was on the grass but there was a stone which is why I have a couple of grazes, yeah Nate and Austin checked me over, no nausea or dizziness but I'll probably get a headache if you keep shouting" I said trying to make a little joke towards the end.

"Have you been checked out by a doctor I mean? They aren't grazes Rosie they look like they could be quite deep, you might need stitches, and you could be concussed, we need to get you checked out!" he said lowering his tone a bit after my last comment.

"No I haven't been checked out by a doctor because Austin said they aren't too deep so they'll heal just fine! So I don't need stitches, and it happened a couple of hours ago so Austin kept watch of me so I'm not concussed so please just stop fussing! I've had enough of that from Nate and Austin! I just need a friend who won't fuss over me because I've tripped over! Please MJ just please!" I said to him slightly raising my voice with tears swelling up in my eyes because of the pain of the shouting that was giving me a headache.

"okay rose I'm sorry I just want to make sure your alright, I don't want you to be hurt, you mean too much to me cutie" max said with his voice getting quiet toward the end whilst his cheeks were beginning to flush red.

'Oh My God did max, my biggest crush in like forever just say I mean too much to him?! Or was I dreaming, I didn't think he liked me the way I like him nor did he say that to hide his feelings? God guys are soo confusing!!'

"Max? Did you really just say that? Are you seriously going all complimentary on me?" I asked with the sweetest smile I could.

"Yeah, I hate it when people are injured I just want them to be okay especially when they mean something to me? Why what did you think I said Ro'?" he said with an awkward laugh at the end

"Max that's not what you said and you know it" I said sighing as I felt like I'd maybe misunderstood him.

"I said 'I'm sorry I just want to make sure your alright, I don't want anyone getting hurt when the mean something to me' why what did you think I said?" he questioned with a confident face

"Nothing! It doesn't matter just forget it" I replied quite sharply

"Geez what wrong, you're mood has gone from all happy to upset to biting my head off" he said looking pretty sad himself.