Chapter 3: The Surprise

So this chapter will be kind of reminiscence of chapter two but in Rosie's P.O.V so I hope its okay.

P.s. Hope you enjoy!!:)

After I put the thoughts of Max to the back of my mind I got a wave of nausea and dizziness, but I tried my best to keep stable and not show how I was feeling, if he noticed then I'd have to come up with yet another lie which will make me feel even worse.

"Max? How much longer is it till we get there?"

"Not long cutie, why what's up? You not feeling too good? You look a bit pale"

"Okay, nothing I'm just tired of walking, oh...am I? It's probably because I've barely got any makeup on today."

"Seriously Rosie, you barely wear makeup on a regular day, I'm not saying this day is special but you know could you be coming down with what Nate has?"

"I do wear makeup you cheeky litt..."

"Oh so you're not calling me a douche today then?" he said with a blatant cheeky tone.

"Oi! I thought today was meant to be 'special' day, in my thoughts that means no tormenting!"

"Okay, okay I surrender, anyway we've just arrived, mind the step and careful where you're walking."

"Hello, I'm the one with the blindfold on and you're the one guiding me remember."

"I know I know, and I'm taking this as an advantage"

"Ugh you're such a tease! when can I take the blindfold off?"

"Give me a second and be patient!" he said laughing at me.

"Whatever cheeky" I mumbled to myself only hoping that he wasn't concentrating on my words.

"I heard that 'cheeky!' and you can sit here and take it off." He placed me directly next to the chair the guided my hips so I would land on the seat.

I sat in the chair with the blindfold over my eyes scared of what was in front of me, I was just getting over the nausea and dizziness as the butterflies pushed their way to the front of my mind, trying my best to ignore them I removed the blindfold, slowly and carefully not to touch my eyebrow. I kept my eyes closed tight, I felt Max's hand shift over and still on mine I looked up and made eye contact with him, he stood there smiling with his eyes sparkling with joy and anxiousness then he looked down towards the table in front of me as he kept locking his eyes to mine in between glances at the table, I knew straight away when he looked at the table the first time that he was signalling for me to look at the surprise.

I slowly turned my head down and looked at the table, there was a cake with a key on it in icing, I turned back to him confused.

"Max? What is this?"

"It's a cake" he said looking amused

"Well I know that...but what's it for?"

"I'm truly offended, that you don't remember" he said mumbling the last bit so quietly I didn't hear him

"What was that last thing you said? And why are you offended?" I asked curiously looking back to the cake taking in all the amazing details to the icing.

"I didn't say anything cutie, and I'm offended that I can't get my girl best friend a gift and surprise her" he said acting like I'd said something really offensive and it hurt him.

"Yes you did! Why won't you just tell me? And who said that?" I asked questioning my mind for any possible reason.

"No I didn't, honestly it doesn't matter whether I did or didn't, and no one said that it was just assumed from you previous sentence" he said acting smart

"Okay smart-arse but why all the secrets for this, what's it all...Oh! I know what this is about Mj!" I jumped up out of my seat and kissed his cheek while pulling him into the tightest hug.

"Whoa! Slow down, so you know then? You remembered now?" he said just bursts of excitement jumping out of him as he pulled me to his chest kissing my forehead.

I blushed whilst talking to try and hide the blush. "You didn't have to do this you know, I'm surprised you even remembered"

"Hey! Just because I'm a guy and the stereotype is forgetful doesn't mean I'm a typical guy, and I would never forget, I never have and never will."

"You're such a great guy, you know that? You never forget, you keep in contact and your charming, funny etc...."

"Likewise cutie, except the fact that some things slip your mind but you're still amazing! So you gonna cut the cake?" he asked clearly amused.

"I am most certainly not cute so quit it! and yes if it'll stop your questions"

"okay ill stop asking questions if you cut the cake and try a bit, because you look hungry like you haven't eaten all morning, am I right or... am I right?" he asked proving to the waitresses how much he knows me, the waitresses that was clearly checking him out but for some reason he didn't seem entirely bothered.

(Max's P.O.V - will be short)

We arrived at the bakery, the one where we always went as a children when we skived the day off school or at least when she was ill and I wanted to be with her, we would always go with our mum's when they were trying to make us cheer up or feel better but I'd always cheer up by seeing her.

We went in and I gave her a few tips and advice but she just cheekily replied like usual, everything seemed to be set up perfectly a little too perfectly for my arrangements but I knew she'd absolutely love it.

As soon as she sat down and took the blindfold off she looked at me locking her eyes on mine, for a few moments there was pure lust in her eyes then I broke the lock or whatever it's called and signalled for her to look at the table, when she didn't I kept signalling towards the table, I figured she must just be teasing me now because normally she would of took the hint unless she was scared or feeling queasy.

When she saw the cake her face went from nervous, to excitement to confused then she asked clearly forgetting the anniversary but I suppose we haven't really celebrated the past few years because she's not been here in London she's been away a lot of the time which I've missed having her around, but now's my time to keep making the most of our time together.

When she remembered she ran up to me and kissed me, on my cheek but still...she kissed me and hugged me, she smelt absolutely gorgeous, she left me feeling on top of the world the sensation that filled my body was what I only felt around Rosie but 10 x more powerful, I had to pull her back to my chest when she started pulling away, the feeling was too amazing to end this soon.

'If this is her reaction now I can't wait till she finds the surprise inside the cake and next week's surprise'

(Rosie's P.O.V)

I grabbed the knife from the table next to the cute cake, I got a sentimental rush through me as I glanced at max who was so concentrated on me cutting the cake his eyes flicked to mine when he realised I wasn't near the cake, he looked at me confused.

I admired the cake one last time before I cut into it. The knife stopped 5cm into the cake revealing something shiny and silver.

'What the hell? Why won't the knife go through? Wait...what's that?"

I moved further to the table and removed the knife, I looked at max and he stood smiling from ear to ear looking through my eyes, he didn't say a word nor did I. I was confused, shocked and happy, yet I felt a surge of dizziness so I went and sat at the table closing my eyes, max came to my side and knelt down next to me with his hand on mine.