33 - Prophecy talk - Percy

The next morning, I walked downstairs, yawning. Azrael and I had stayed up quite late and binge-watched movies. Bad choice.

I walked into the kitchen and was surprised because Aurelius wasn't there. Usually he was up before sunrise and would be drinking tea at this time. He was always so precise with his actions that this was nearly alarming. I shrugged and dismissed it as Aurelius going on a recon-flight or something. That has happened before.

I walked into the living room and nearly spat out the coke I was drinking. "What is it?" came the sleepy voice of Azrael from the stairs. I motioned for him to be quiet and said, "Shut up, you are waking them." Azrael scrunched his eyebrows and walked past me, about to respond. Then he saw them.

Aurelius and Sierra were half-laying half-sitting on the couch. They were fast asleep. That itself wouldn't have been anything interesting, they had fallen asleep on the couch before too in the old times. Usually they had been planning or talking late into the night.

What was new was how they were cuddled into each other, happily smiling while sleeping. We probably would've brushed it aside as the same kind of thing that happened in the woods a long time ago if it wasn't for the fact that they were holding hands, their fingers were intertwined. Their position clearly wasn't a mistake or an accident.

Azrael quickly pulled a camera out of a shadow and took a picture of them while he still could. Azrael was just about to pull the developed picture out when the camera vanished in a flash of light and reappeared in Aurelius' free hand. Azrael pouted and even I had to admit it was a shame. This would've been a great addition to the scrapbook we had been making for a long time now.

At first it started out as a joke when I was sitting in Aurelius' room a little after we had met each other. We were talking about something but Gabriel needed his help, so he left me alone in his room. I had obviously looked around his room and found a huge pile of pictures, mostly of Sierra and Aurelius together doing something. Aurelius had obviously solidified those pictures from his memory, just in case should he ever lose his memory or something. He was prepared for everything.

I stole some of those photos and decided to start a scrapbook I would give him one day. Eventually everyone else was in it, excluding sierra of course. Eventually we had started to call it "the wedding gift" because that was what we were planning on using it for, to give it to them as a wedding gift one day. Back to the present.

Sierra stirred in Aurelius' arms and her eyes fluttered open. She looked at Aurelius, then at the camera in his hand and finally at us. She raised an eyebrow even though she was blushing. Aurelius opened his eyes and looked at the picture. He smiled softly and a light flashed across the picture. With a wave of his hand the camera and the picture reappeared in our hands.

"Now that's out of the way, we probably should talk about the prophecy. Give me two and a half minutes," he said and disappeared in a flash. Sierra rose from her seat, grimaced and said, "I'm going to take a little longer. I'm not as efficient as Aurelius." She ran upstairs.

"Okhay, that was odd?" I said to Azrael. Azrael nodded and said, "At least they are finally together. Took them long enough." I could only nod.

It took Aurelius two minutes and twenty-nine seconds to be back downstairs. A minute later Sierra appeared too, hair still slightly wet. Aurelius waved his hand and a dense comb made out of light made its way through Sierra's brown hair, effectively drying it and getting rid of all knots. "Apparently me and my powers are not needed anymore," I muttered and Azrael hit me upside the head. "Let's just talk about the prophecy," he said.

"Indeed, that is priority right now," Aurelius said and sat down onto the loveseat. Intentional or not, Sierra took it as an invitation and sat next to him and cuddled into his side. It's funny seeing Sierra act this way. Even though she had a slightly childish side she rarely showed affection this dramatically. I don't think Sierra cared in the slightest.

"I think we can all agree on that Azrael is the angel of death and I am son of the seas, right?" I asked. Aurelius nodded and said, "And reason of gods would be me." Sierra looked at him questionably and asked, "How would you be the reason of the gods?"

Aurelius looked thoughtful and said, "I don't think it means actually that I am their reason. I whispered to Zeus quite a many things back in the day. For example, I planted the idea of separating the ancestors into two separate entities. I also tried to make him lift the ancient laws he made up in his pride. The latter didn't work out. I think the line of the prophecy means that I am, or was, their voice of reason."

Sierra nodded but looked distant as she played with Aurelius' fingers. "What about the legend, the hero and the wrongly accused?" Azrael asked. I looked at Aurelius who said, "Technically speaking we are all legends, heroes and have been wrongly accused at one point of our lives. It could mean any of us or the all of us in general. Prophecies have double meanings so I wouldn't worry too much about that."

Sierra looked at Aurelius and said, "Or then it can refer to completely someone else. But if I had to guess, you would be the legend since Archangel Michael was the most famous and Raphael would be the wrongly accused. That leaves Nico to be the hero."

Aurelius looked at Sierra, a faint smile visible in his lips and said, "Or then the hero would be you." Azrael groaned and said, "Oh gods dammit you two, stop with the lovey-dovey stuff. It makes me sick." Sierra looked at Azrael an evil glint in her eyes and kissed Aurelius, just to annoy Azrael.

"It's not like you weren't like that with Will," I scolded Azrael who only stuck his tongue out at me. "Now that's over, what does bring liberty to the evil infused mean? Any ideas?" Aurelius asked. Azrael looked at him in mock-horror and said, "The great Aurelius doesn't know what something means? That's horrible!"

Aurelius rolled his eyes and said, "Of course I have ideas and theories, I just want to hear your opinions before I tell mine. It will keep your ideas less biased." I had to admit, Aurelius had a point. "To me it sounds like we will release some evil force. Or we will liberate a place from the hold of the evil," I said.

Sierra suddenly perked her head up and said, "Didn't you just do that? I mean, you kinda brought liberty to people who were under the reign of evil. And what Aurelius has told me, I understood the evil was quite well integrated in to the society, hence infused."

Aurelius blinked a couple of times before giving Sierra a quick kiss. "That's actually possible. It was said the statue would hold the key to their freedom and we granted them just that. Let's hope it's that. Why didn't I think of it?" he said.

Sierra elbowed him gently and said, "Well it's good you have me, then." Aurelius nodded and grinned cheekily. That was definitely the first time I'd seen that emotion on his face.

"What did we forget?" Azrael said. Aurelius didn't stop to think for even a moment before he said, "We haven't talked about what you will do with a silken quilt, how you will kill some roots and what is the mountain renewed who makes it right. We might as well talk about how Raphael won't let anyone rise and how the world will end in darkness' light."

"How about we just let the world roll as it's supposed to? There's absolutely no point in thinking about stupid prophecies. Some of it might've already happened and the rest could take millions of years to complete. We are immortals so there is a great chance it won't happen any time soon. Things will happen as they will happen. If we stop contemplating this right now then it was destined to happen. This prophecy doesn't even foretell someone's death, at least not directly, so no reason to worry. Let's just hope that mountain will make it right in time," Sierra deadpanned.

Aurelius looked a little queasy and Sierra squeezed his hand. "You know what the mountain is, don't you?" she asked quietly. Aurelius nodded uneasily. "Yeah, I have a suspicion. I just might've named a mountain range in California as Sierra. In Spanish Sierra means mountain, also my doing. It happened when I was roaming the world alone after everyone else had died. And you were renewed, we all were. I'm afraid the darkness' light means that I would do something bad and try to destroy the world. I am light and I did kind of discover that I could control the shadows too to some extent," he said.

Sierra looked at us and we got the message. Itook hold of Azrael's shoulder and vapor traveled us out.