•• 14 ••

He leaned forward, towards my lips.

No. Please no.

Why did I just lose all the control on my self. I wanted to push him away. I hated him. And still, the whole of my body stopped functioning at this moment, as if it wanted him to do this.

His face kept inching closer and closer, as this act of a few seconds seemed to be taking a million years.

He was now only five inches away from me.

Then four.

Three.

Two.

One.

And then, he stopped, not moving closer.

Why did he stop? Why didn't he continue?

It was as if he had hesitated. He moved back and removed his hands from me. And as I tried to comprehend the look in his eyes, I saw . . . Hurt.

An extreme amount of hurt.

This time it had stayed. It didn't leave like it had before. He kept staring at me holding the same hurt in his eyes.

However, it was the type of hurt I had seen in his eyes when those people had taken me away from him. The type of hurt that came in your eyes when you were reminded of a terrible part of your past.

"I brought you here to, to say that-that I'm sorry," he whispered the last two words. "I promise I won't touch you again. I promise I won't do anything to your Dad again. Just forgive me, please."

Then, without waiting for me to say something, he left.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I slid my fingers through the words and tried my best to read the book but I just couldn't. My mind was too busy thinking about what happened last night.

You drive a car at its highest speed on a clear, straight road and you believe you're not going to slow down or stop until you reach your destination. But then all at once you apply the brakes and the car comes to a sudden halt. Inertia kicks in and your head crashes into the wind screen. But miraculously, nothing has happened to the car. You applied the brakes and it stopped. That's it.

I felt the same. He was leaning closer to kiss me, making me believe he'll do it. I just didn't want him to do it at that moment.

And then suddenly, he stopped. And the inertia inside me kicked in. But it was not my upper body that crashed into the glass. Instead, my whole self broke into pieces, like a glass. Because I wondered why did he stop. He should've done it.

He should not have said that he was sorry but he should have kissed me.

I hate him. But do I really hate him?

He did wrong to me. He shot my father, wanting to kill him. He ran me out of the house, wanting to kidnap me. He let me get raped, wanting to- . . . Wanting to what?

That's where I get stuck.

Am I wrong with the last sentence?

He didn't want me to get raped. If he did, he shouldn't have saved me from Daniel and his friends. But maybe the last time, he didn't get time to make something up in his mind in order to save me.

But why didn't he come back to the hiding place/house of those criminals to save me.

You killed Daniel right after you reached there.

Oh okay! I was wrong with accusing him for letting me get raped. And I didn't even get raped, I killed Daniel.

But he did kidnap me.

But then he had changed his mind  mid way through his plan and wanted to bring you home.

Yeah, right! Okay, I was also wrong about accusing him for this.

But he did want to kill my father.

"And you, princess. Don't you know that the guy who's hand you're holding right now has managed to shoot your father twice." Daniel had said.

He had also said something after that. Something about a girl. I couldn't remember.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone walking towards my room.

I didn't want to talk to anyone. I hadn't been eating properly since last night. And I also didn't talk much. My mother had suspected something was wrong but I just told her I was okay and she believed it.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: Hey peeps! What's up?

I'd thank ImmortalSoul51 for all the votes and comments, and also for writing her awesome story 'Pretty Little Thing'. Don't forget to give it a try. It's amazing.