•• 10 ••

After taking our breakfast, we set off. We knew that at least one of us was going to face death, and only, if fate gets merciful, will the both of us reach back, safe.

"Hey, Why do you cry on every little thing?" He asked.

Did he just talk to me?

"Well, we cry only when we are new to the painful and terrible things. Just like a baby cries when he just gets only a bit hurt. Because at that time, pain is new for him, but when he grows up, he gets used to it." I explained.

"So you mean, that getting scolded by me, not eating with your family, having a gun beside your head is new for you. That's the reason why you cry." He understood.

"Exactly." I smiled a little.

He did not respond and as we proceeded walking, I recalled the events of the previous days, again.

Although I never saw anything in my dreams, it was still normal if I did. But what about seeing only one thing and that too, another human?

The curiosity forced me to turn to look at him, and I did I couldn't ignore the fact that he was beautiful. A guy with dark hair, which in the sun, brought out its brown shades. He had blue eyes, as radiant as the sun and as deep as an ocean and, right now, they held an extreme amount of seriousness, not anything unusual. He wore a black leather jacket over a plain white shirt, and ripped jeans.

Something popped in my mind and I wondered about his arm that was shot before.

I moved my eyes to his arm. The mop of a white bandage could be seen below the sleeves of his jacket as they moved while he walked.

At first I thought it would be his shirt but as I observed it more, the fabric was too rough for a T-shirt.

I wondered how he was moving so actively. He had been shot. With a bullet. People get in bed, at least for a week in that condition.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear the rotors of a helicopter heading near. The helicopter had now parked in front of us, like before. I'm sure they were the same people and they had tracked us.

As Trevor felt it, he quickly took hold of my hand.

Bless my stomach.

"Well, well, well. You thought you'd put up with us so easily, Trevor." Said the first person who I felt, stepped out of the helicopter. "You could easily run away with a tranquilized girl. But how did that brain of yours, that's always working as if it was Einstein's, forget that I am Daniel Anderson. It's not hard for me to catch you."

"What do you want?" Trevor growled.

"Revenge and her," replied Daniel.

"Your revenge is none of my business. And you can't have her."

Trevor's grip tightened on my hand. And the caterpillars in my stomach grew up into active butterflies as his palm made a stronger contact with mine.

"C'mon! Stop acting like a Prince Charming for her. You were the one who ran her out of your house, away from her father's security. You were the one who had told us that Adam Hudson's only weakness is his family, and his daughter is blind." My heart clenched as I heard my father's name.

My father, my mom. I hope they'll be fine.

"And you, princess," I could feel Daniel turning towards me. "Don't you know that the guy who's hand you're holding right now, has managed to shoot your father twice. Only because he took away his first girl. Good thing your father didn't die. "

It felt like the sky had fallen on my head.

Trevor has shot my father and which first girl had my father taken away from him?

No, My father was not a womanizer. Clearly not. He was one of the most well known and best police officers of the country. He had a high rank in the field. He could not commit a crime this big, especially when it would be extremely dangerous for his reputation.

On the other hand, he doesn't even have that kind of a nature.

I freed my hand from Trevor's grip.

I turned to face him with a glare. He was looking at me already and his eyes held guilt, sorrow, anger, regret and sadness at the same time. But there was one thing more. Something that comes in your eyes when you're reminded of some terrible part of your past.

For the first time, he looked so vulnerable.

However, I ignored all of this.

"Did you really do this?" I had know idea if I had questioned myself, or him.

"Sarah, I can explai-"

"I'd rather be the next prey of a womanizer than fall into the arms of the person who wanted to kill my father for God knows what reason. I had been trusting you all the way till here, Trevor. Even after every wrong thing you did to me. But now, our ways are parted."

I moved away from him, as someone took hold of me from my shoulders.

Trevor did not protest, neither did I.

I wanted to but I didn't not have enough power. All of it was consumed by the tears flowing down my cheeks and the ache in my heart

Soon, I was in the helicopter.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: Hope you people liked the chapter? Don't forget to vote and comment.