Chapter 14: Graduation

The last week of school goes by pretty quickly and there's still no sign of Victoria. Her quietness is really putting everyone on edge. Well everyone except for me and Angela we enjoyed the last week of school. Tonight is graduation, Charlie's been grumpy all day with suppressed emotion. So Ang volunteered to come to my house so we can get ready. Alice comes over to help us get fixed up, since her and Jasper have been busy hunting Victoria. 

They haven't been able to reenroll in school so there going to be in the audience with Charlie and Jake. Alice is a little upset about not graduating with us but she's settling with helping us get ready and throwing us this party. I never really pictured myself as being this girl. The one that listens to music while getting ready for a party with her friends. 

"Wow Bella this dress is actually really beautiful" Alice said as if picking up on my thoughts. 

"Was I just insulted?" I ask Ang 

"It was subtle but yes I think you were" Ang said smiling. 

"It was supposed to be a complement, I think I like the affect that Jacob is having on you" she said helping Ang with her hair. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about" I said my cheeks getting hot. 

"I think I have to agree with Alice on this one Bella. I mean before you and Jake started dating you only owned one skirt" Ang said. 

"Well that is kind of Alice's fault when she came back she basically threw out all my old clothes" I said defensively. 

"True but you picked a lot of the clothes we bought that day" Alice said. I think about it for a minute 

"Fine so I've gotten a little more girly is that a bad thing?" I said. 

"No!" Alice and Ang said at the same time 

"It's definitely a good thing" Alice said

"As long as you're happy with the change and you're not doing it only for Jake" Ang said.

 I think about it for a minute "I'll admit that I was different when I was with Edward. But I like who I am with Jake. It's just really amazing" I said curling my hair. "As for the change in my wardrobe I don't know maybe I'm just maturating" I said shrugging. 

"Yea you are" Ang said

"Am I missing something" Alice asks 

"You didn't tell her?" Ang said

"I haven't had a chance too with all the Victoria hunting and party planning" I said

"Well we have time now" Ang said

"Jake and I... took it to the next level" I said looking down. 

"Wow I didn't see that coming. How was it?" Alice asks 

"You're not mad?" I ask. 

"Why would I be?" she asks 

"Because of Edward" I said, she sighs

"Edward is my brother and I love him but you're my friend. More like my sister actually and I don't mind hearing about Jake because he makes you happy. Plus he's a good guy" she said.

My eyes water "thanks Alice" I said hugging her 

"You're welcome so... how was it?" she asks. We talk about my first time while we finish getting ready "Jake and Eric are down stairs" Alice says helping us with our make-up. When we're all ready we go downstairs 

"Wow" Eric said 

"You guys look great" Jake said

"Thanks" we said at the same time

 Jake and Alice are riding with us. Angela and Eric's parents pick them up and drive them over to the school. Apparently Jasper is already at the school; the ride is pleasant we talk the whole way over. When we get to the school Alice hugs me then goes inside, Jake does the same after kissing me on the forehead. Charlie walks me over to the back door of the gym.

"Are you excited?" Charlie asks. 

"A little" I admit 

"I can't believe your graduating from high school. From here it's the real world now. College. Getting your own place... You're not a little girl anymore." Charlie chokes up on the last part. 

"Aww dad don't get all weepy on me" I said holding back tears of my own 

"Who's weepy" he said I laugh and hug him, he hugs me back tightly.

"Bella!" I hear a familiar voice say. 

"Mom!" I said surprised 

"Hi honey" she said hugging and kissing me on the cheek. 

"I thought you couldn't make it, what about Phil?" I ask 

"He didn't want me to miss your graduation so he hired a home nurse" she explains. 

"I'm so happy you're here" I said hugging her again 

"Me too you look amazing sweetheart" she said looking me up and down. Renee's comment makes me even happier because the last time she saw me, was post Edward. 

Angela peeks out of the door "Bella we're almost ready come on" she said 

"Okay" I said 

"See you in side" Charlie said as he and Renee go to the main entrance. I'm about to go inside when I realize that I left my cap and gown in the car.

"I'll be right back I left my stuff in the car" I said to Ang 

"Okay but hurry" she said going back inside. 

Luckily the passenger door was still unlocked I get my cap and gown and make my way back to the gym door. Then I hear something I turn around and see a young girl, the blood in my veins goes cold. As she gets closer to me I can see her blood red eyes.

"Who are you?" I ask her my voice surprisingly steady. 

"I'm Bree a friend of-" 

"Victoria" I finish for her

"I guess that you've heard that a lot lately" she said smiling 

"You sent that man to my house and made that girl trail me and my friend" I said

"Yes I did Victoria asked me to. She doesn't like you very much" she said

"Yea I know... look I have to go-" 

"Don't worry there having some technical difficulties inside, we have time" Bree said

"What do you guys want with me?" I ask 

"Victoria had a hard time deciding what to do, epically after your friends killed her friend. She even had this whole army idea but after she turned me she didn't need an army anymore" she said walking closer to me. 

I don't want to say anything because she seems to be in report mode but I do. "You're the one with the mind control ability?" I ask 

"Yea we almost missed it because I was so hungry, but luckily Victoria caught it" she looks over her shoulder like she heard something. 

"You still haven't answer my question" I said

"Right what do we want with you. Well Victoria thought about killing you to get back at Edward for killing her mate. But then Edward left, but she still thought about killing you then after we'd track Edward down and kill him. But then Riley had an idea. What if he still loves you and he left to protect you. If that was true then maybe..." she leaves the rest for me to figure it out. And I have.

"You hunted me and sent that man after me to lure Edward back" 

"Ding, ding, ding you figured it out" she said as her phone buzzes. 

"Well it looks like they've fixed everything you better get inside" Bree said turning to leave. 

"Why tell me all this?" I ask 

"Tell you later at your party" she said before disappearing. After five minutes and a few deep breaths I put on my robe, shove my cap on, wipe the tears from my face and head inside