Chapter 8: Memory Lane

Angela and I are in her car on our way to Port Angeles. Angela wants to get a dress for graduation. And since I was pretty healed up Charlie let me go. The cream Ang made for me completely healed my ribs and the cut on my throat was just a scar now. The rest of the bruises had faded away. The only thing that remained of my attack is my wrist, it isn't completely healed yet. 

"So are you going to buy a dress too?" Ang asks me I let out a deep breath

 "Yea especially since Alice is throwing us a graduation party" I said. 

"I still can't believe people are actually coming to that" Ang said laughing. 

"Well no one's ever been to the Cullen's home before" I said 

"Most of them are probably coming out of curiosity" she said. 

"I know" I said as she pulled into a space in front of the store 

"There are probably going to be a bunch of people that we don't know there" she said 

"Why?" I ask as we walk into the store 

"Are you kidding I've overheard about twenty kids talking about how they're going to crash the party" she said.

"Really" I said laughing 

"Yup" she said 

We talk while we shop. I have to admit its way more fun shopping with Angela than with Alice. It seems less like work and way more like fun with Ang. Ang found a pretty floral dress that has pink flowers all over it. I picked out a nice purple dress and I bought a necklace to go with it. 

We both bought some simple flats that went with our dresses. We poked around in a couple of other stores then we go to eat. It's only after we order our food that I notice what restaurant we're in. This is where Edward and I had our sort of first date. 

Coming in here a couple of months ago would have killed me. But now I'm strangely okay with being here I mean the memoires are still here but there not paralyzingly painful. Not like they used to be. 

"Bella are you okay" Angela asks 

"Huh? Yea I'm fine" I said. 

"You sure?" 

"Yea" I say 

"What is it?" she asks

"Edward and I came here before" I said 

"Oh right... are you okay I mean we could leave" 

"No it's fine" I said reassuringly. 

She smiles at me "you really have come a long way" she said I nod 

"Hey Ang" I said. 

"Yea" 

"Thanks for sticking with me you know through all the crazy" I said. 

Her eyes water slightly "of course Bella what are friends for" 

"Okay enough heavy let's get back to having fun" I said. 

"Okay" she said smiling, as the waiter brings us our food I feel like someone is staring at me. I shake it off and start eating my food.