🐍~6~🐍

"Right now we are hearing from police chatter. That the Geckos did in fact escape. Local sheriffs and DHS have no leads on the vehicle."

"Best news I heard all day."

"The Geckos have a knack for flashy exits. They shot their way out of the bank... ...$30 million. And bank teller Monica Garza as a human sh..."

Seth groans, his arm still hurting from the bullet wound, even if Briza had covered it, "You got a first-aid kit in this beast?" Briza moved her head up, noticing how Jacob wouldn't move his eyes from the road. Seth clears his throat, moving closer to Jacob, "Let me explain something to you here, Jacob. Now, there's only one song that we're gonna be singing. On this little road trip, and it ain't "99 bottles of beer on the wall." The song is called "my way." So if I say make a turn, you're gonna make a turn. If I say don't talk, you don't talk. But if I ask you for a first-aid kit, you're gonna-" Jacob cut him off by pointing at one of the cabinets, "Thank you." Seth rummages through it, pulling the first aid down and a card, "Pastor Jacob Fuller, huh? Guess that explains all that, uh, hellfire and damnation. Back at the motel, huh? You do know the one. About turning the other cheek, I hope." Seth sat beside Briza dropping the first aid on her lap, "Help me, princess." Briza glanced over at him, "Wasn't asking."

"I prefer the old testament."

"Well, this is gonna be real, real simple, padre. We, uh, reach the crossing at Acuña, you wave your passports, flash your pretty, corn-fed smiles, and then we're gonna sail on through. Richie and I will close our deal with our guy in Mexico. After that, we go our separate ways. Nobody else is gonna get hurt. You got my word."

Briza presses the alcohol pad hard against his wound, making Seth seeth, "What about that bank teller you took hostage? You give her your word?"

Seth grabbed the first aid kit from Briza, taking a band-aid from it and violently throwing it back into the cabinet, "Yeah, well..."

Briza snorts in amusement at his face, "I didn't know you were capable of not talking." She stood up and patted his cheek, before moving to the other side and sitting down.

Jacob spoke up this time, "Let me help you continue to save your breath. I don't need you to promise my family's gonna be alright. I know they will be. You know how I know that? 'Cause I'm behind the wheel now. And I'm gonna make it my mission, my singular mission, to get us all across that border... Not for you, not for all your riches... For the only two people, I have left in this world."

"I'm a professional thief, not a killer."

Briza looked over at Richie, then back at Seth, "I'm not worried about you." Seth made eye contact with her before turning his head to look over at Richard who went into the bathroom.

Richard got back out and slammed the door open. Seth wrapped an arm around Briza who in return gave him an annoyed look, "Hey, Richie. Park it somewhere, will you? And relax. It's gonna be smooth sailing from here." His phone begins to ring and his arm immediately left Briza and he picked up, "Fashionably late as usual, I see." Briza moved away from him and kept her eyes trained on him, "I'm sorry, did you say that you have a problem? ... Yeah? Well, mine trumps yours... Okay, okay. Easy there, Khan... Carlos, it is the very nonexistence of your efforts. That has led us to this juncture. In fact, I'm starting to rethink that steep commission of yours. You know, $10 million seems like a lot of money to pay for nothing... Same way we figured everything else out so far... On our own." Seth sighs and glances at Briza before flopping in the spot beside her, "Well... I already took care of him, too." Seth flipped the phone shut, a grin on his face as he faced Briza.

Briza shrugged him away from her, "Trouble in paradise, chico guapo?"

"I'm starting to wonder what you've been calling me." Seth leaned in, "Good things I hope."