🐍~4~🐍

Briza sat next to Kate, holding tight to her hand, as she stared up at the two men, who she knew damn was the Gecko brothers. Her gaze was trained on them wondering which one shot Earl. One was staring at them, his arms crossed, "So, what's with the Asian kid and Latina? The white one makes sense." A bag thuds beside them, reminding the group that there was another man in the room with them, "Trick-or-treat for UNICEF?"

Jacob glanced over at them, "They're my kids." Briza looked over at him but didn't correct him on it, feeling Kate's hand tighten around hers.

"Really? Well, where's mom?"

"It's just me and my three kids."

The man raised his eyebrow at her, "Well what about that girl? She was driving the R.V. remember?"

"Seth." The other brother says holding up a medium sized bra to his chest.

Seth turned his attention back to Jacob, "Hmm, do you boys like to play dress up? And I knows that doesn't belong to these lovely ladies. Where is she?"

"She went for a grocery run for the motor home. She won't be back for hours."

The other brother pointed at him, "He's lying."

"Call her."

Jacob stood from his spot and grabbed his phone, dialing his number, her held it to his ear and waited. Briza kept close to Scott and Kate, wrapping her arms protectively around them, even if they weren't related to her, they were still kids. "She's not answering."

"She put this on before she left." The other brother says, holding up the sunscreen.

Seth nodded his head, "She's probably at the pool. I'll go get her." He paused for a second as if contemplating whether or not he should get her, "Actually... You go get her, Richie. You spent enough time in hotels today. Hey. I need you to just go find her, and you bring her back here, okay? Don't talk to her. Don't touch her. Let's get on the clock. 10:00 on the Timex."

"I've got this under control."

🐍~🐍~🐍~🐍~🐍

Rose sat down on the chair by the pool, reading the article on her phone, "Case number 349235. Driver was Pastor Jacob Fuller. Passenger was his spouse, Jennifer Fuller. Mr. Fuller appears to have lost control of the vehicle coming off the bend on Montgomery. At least, that's what the suspect initially reported. Our inspection showed the brakes were fine... Pads and rotors at acceptable levels. Proximity of the street lamp makes it unlikely wild animals would venture onto that section of the highway. Analysis of the road surface shows a defined pattern and friction force. The vehicle was traveling in excess of 70 miles per hour. Blood tests concur with the on-site breathalyzer.Mr. Fuller's blood-alcohol level was below the legal limit. He was not impaired. However, inspection of lacerations on Mr. Fuller's arms revealed an alternate cause. Subject reported being involved in an altercation with his wife just before the crash." Rose paused, repeating, "Altercation with his wife..." She covered her mouth with her hand. She lifted her hands up and threaded them through her hair, trying to calm herself down. She stood from her spot and dove into the cool water. She resurfaced, laying back on the water and laid there, unmoving, thinking over and over again about her parents.

"You okay?"

Rose fell back into the water, keeping herself afloat she looked up at the man, she couldn't really see his eyes from the reflection of his glasses, but from what she could see, this man was really attractive, "I'm... I'm fine." She stared up at him before leaving the pool, she noticed how his eyes were trained on her as she walked back over to her towel. She caught sight of one of the cigars, "Can I have one of those?"