A Small Donation

That next morning I was woken up by the sound of birds chirping outside the window. My body was covered head to toe by a soft and puffy blanket, making me super happy and sleepy. The mattress underneath was the most comfortable and softest bed I had ever slept in. Then, I slowly opened my eyes to the darkness as I remembered that my bed was never this comfortable.

I shot straight up out of the bed, sheets flying everywhere. Where the heck am I? I’m not at home, why am I not home? My eyes adjusted to the morning light coming immensely from the bedroom window. I walked over to it and everything finally came in to reality. Sighing in relief, I grabbed my luggage and searched for a perfect outfit. Since it was still a little cold outside, I chose black skinny jeans, a beaded neck tank top, a cropped denim jacket and suede chukkas. Once I also finished with make-up and doing my hair ( I decided to go with a high ponytail) I walked out of the room.

I heard sounds in the kitchen and walked toward them. Inside, was an almost naked Zayn who was only wearing briefs. I stopped short and looked at him. My eyes were wide in embarrassment and I didn’t know what to do. He was chewing on an apple when he turned towards me and finally saw me. 

His eyes turned wide in shock and the grip on the apple tightened. I stared right back at him, keeping my sight toward his face and forcing myself not to look below his waist. We stood there for a second but it carried on for what seemed like an hour until I finally looked away when I felt my cheeks turn red. 

“I’m sorry!" Zayn said in a soft and embarrassed tone. 

“No, I’m sorry I should have done some noise or something.” I said, looking at no where in particular.

“I’m gonna go put some clothes on now.” Zayn said. I looked at his face quickly before he ran to his room and I was able to notice a shade of pink on both of his cheeks indicating his embarrassment as well. 

As I waited for Zayn to dress himself, I thought about the position I was in right now. It seemed to me like I am always thinking about it but to be honest, how could I not? It’s all still so strange to me how I could be placed in such circumstances. I couldn’t help but smile at myself. Instead of just going with the flow, I keep tracing back on how the heck I came to be here. Of course there was only one person to thank for all of this. 

A couple of minutes later Zayn came out of his room fully dressed and his hair was combed in all the right places, which made me believe that no one can pull off a quiff better than him. 

“Okay, I’m ready.” He announced. 

I stood up from the couch on which I had been sitting on and walked towards him. Without a hesitation, I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him close to me. I gently squeezed him as I placed my head on his shoulder. I wanted to hug him as a thank you for bringing me on this trip and a thank you for thinking I was special somehow. Zayn embraced me back in a single second, both of us resting on each other. 

After a minute or so, I pulled back from him.

“Thank you.” I said as I stared back at him because Zayn still held one of his hands on my waist.

Without a response, Zayn moved his head toward mine, making the space between our faces smaller. My heart began to move at a very high speed as I realized that he might kiss me. Both of his hands moved from my waist to the side of my face, making me stop breathing. Just when I thought our lips were going to connect, his head pushed up and he kissed my forehead instead.

It was a soft kiss, his lips barely touching my forehead, but it meant a whole lot more. 

“Thank you for coming here with me.” Zayn murmured in my ear. I smiled at him before grabbing his hand and walking out the door hand in hand.