Ch.25: The Capitol and the Meeting

Ch. 25: The Capital & The Meeting

The Capital

I was finishing packing for D.C. We were headed to confront the "President". I paused and put my head in my hands. I was completely nervous, as well as overwhelmed. I got up and finished my packing. After zipping my suitcase shut, I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I walked toward it, opening my door carefully. It was Alex.

"You ready?" Alex ran his fingers through his disheveled, black hair. I sighed. "As I'll ever be.." he grabbed my suitcase, then kissed my cheek. "Let's go" he grabbed my hand and we walked to my car. We were meeting the others at the airport. We put our bags in the back and drove off. It was a decently short trip.

When we arrived, we gathered our bags and checked in. We, then, walked into the airport, where we saw the others. Before today, we had already made a plan, couples would sit together on the flight and everyone else...well, good luck.."I'm so stoked!" Kyle smirked. "Frankly, I'm nervous" Summer admitted. "Me too" I sighed and she hugged me from the side."Well do fine" she perked.

All of us grabbed our stuff and headed to the security area. We had our bags checked etc. we all made it through and headed to our gate. "Flight 733717 to D.C. Boarding now" the intercom screeched before we had even sat down. We grabbed our bags and boarded.. Alex, Katy, Jonathan, Delaira, Kyle, Summer, Ryan, Amelia, Logan, Ava, Todd, and myself were in 1st class. Tyler and Drew were in the first row of coach. We all put our stuff in the overhead bins and took our seats.

"Flight Attendants, please prepare for take-off" minutes later, our plane took off and we began our flight. During the takeoff, I clasped Alex's hand tightly. After 3 hours, our flight was over. We landed in Washington D.C. We got off the plane and went to the baggage claim, where we got out stuff. We, then, headed to get our four rental cars. We got in them and headed to the hotel.

Couples stayed in rooms together. I plopped down on the bed in Alex's and my room. He came and sat by me. "Are you ready to do this, Angela?" Alex sighed. "Like I said, as I will ever be.." I grabbed my weapon bag and grabbed Alex's hand. The group got in our cars and we drove to the Capitol.

The Meeting

We had gotten through the White House security, which, in my opinion, was a miracle in itself. Summer and I began pacing in sync. People watched on, their eyes going left and right, following our rapid pacing. "Angela, calm down" Alex breathed. I began pacing slower. " I can't I'm nervous." I whined. I began pacing again, just to run into a familiar object. I looked up to see who or what I hit.....Alex...Deja Vu. He picked me up and put me on the bench.

I sighed as he rubbed my back. "Delegate Group?" a lady in a suit and glasses asked. "That's us." Alex smiled. "Right this way" she motioned. I gulped, we walked into the oval office. The chair was turned with its back to us. We heard the door slam as the woman left. "Ah miss Angela, I've been waiting to meet you." a deep voice mused from behind the chair. I shuddered at the voice and the feeling of intense deja vu that washed over me."Mr. president, we have reason to believe the nation is in danger." I stuttered out.

"You would be correct, Ms. Anderson." he mused as he turned his chair around. As soon as his dark,familiar, soulless looking eyes hit me, the deja vu grew stronger. I traced my eyes over his features taking in the familiarity as the realization hit me..I grit my teeth." Hello, Luc..." I hissed. "Ah, Angela. How I've missed you.." he mused. His features contorted as he shifted into the Luc I knew. All of us drew a defensive stance, to which Luc rolled his eyes. "Fools, I won't hurt you...this time" he grinned. "It would ruin the fun" suddenly, I saw all my friends held by power to the wall. I took a defensive stance.

"Don't worry, I will release them, I frankly just don't want them loose right now." he started walking toward me, he drew his fingers over my cheek, making me glare at him" don't worry, Angela. I could never be attracted to a weak, pathetic human." he smirked. I hissed. "Now, Now, where are your manners?" he shifted into the president"After all I am the president" he grinned wickedly as he released the others.

"

But do not relax little girl. I will find you. And all will be destroyed" he smirked " But just enjoy D.C. But watch your back because I will find you" he smiled. As he turned his back, I went to attack him. He turned around and smirked. I felt a weird phenomenon.

As my eyes adjusted, I saw we were back in the hotel room. The jerk just transported us!! I flung myself on the bed in frustration. "Well that.." alex started. "Sucked" I imputed."We can't stay, we can't leave...what the heck do we do!!" I exclaimed. "we take his ad ice, y attack by surprise." I groaned. "you know I'm rig" "why" "I'm always right" maybe" I sighed as he kissed my cheek and took me in his arms and cuddled me. "You know he's wrong" "How?" "His back is the one in need of watching" I growled.