Ch.8: Demons

Ch. 8: Demons

I woke up at 6:15. I decided to get out of bed, although I really just wanted to sleep. I took my shower and got dressed in crop jeans, a black tank top, a green army-style jacket, and boots.

No more heels after Monday. Groan. Note to self, when fighting demons do not wear heels.

I did my makeup, got my stuff, and went to school. I parked in my assigned parking space, then began to get out of my car, when I saw a shadow. Automatically thinking it was a demon, I got back in and locked the door. "Angela?" the shadow asked in an annoyingly familiar Male voice...."Alex?!?" I asked. "Duh" the shape replied.

I got out of the car and sure enough it was Alex. "You thought I was a demon, Didn't you" he laughed. "No..You just soo annoying I wanted to lock you out." I said sarcastically. He smirked. I just decided to keep walking. I rolled my eyes annoyed. He followed me.

As I rounded the corner, I stopped sharply. There were three dark figures. Alex ran into me from behind. "Ssshhhh!!" I hissed. I look closer. One of three was Luc, I didn't know who the others were. "She is very powerful..she must be stopped" Luc said. I realized he was holding an ice pack to his head. "We need to fight her when she is not prepared." one of the unknown figures said.

"Yes, like in a school or social area.." Luc replied nodding. "What do we do?" I whispered to Alex. "Ambush" he replied smirking. He handed me a bag full of nail files. "Really?!?!" I hissed.

"And this" he said handing me a bow and arrows. "Great... And ever heard of a gun?" he shrugged. "Anyone can use a gun...plus they're immune to bullets" he explained. "Of course they are.." I groaned.

I began to peek my head around the corner. I positioned the bow and put an arrow in. I aimed it at the silent figure of the trio. I drew back the string and released. It hit him between the eyes. He dissolved into pieces. Luc and his sidekick looked my way.

I smiled and waved. Then I ran for my life. Alex followed "Why aren't you helping" I yelled. "Not supposed to interfere unless absolutely required" he stated. "Ugh great, well do you have a plan, genius?" I said glaring. "Nope" he replied

"Maybe we should have thought this through!?!" I shouted at Alex "Where's the fun in that" he mused. I rolled my eyes and pulled him and I behind the lockers. Luc and his sidekick looked in the hallway. I loaded my bow and shot the other figure. He dissolved in the same manner. Luc hissed, angry I had dispatched his adversaries.

"And then there was one " Alex said smirking. I scoffed. I kept running. Luc was catching up. I had to think of something. I thought for a while. Then it came to me. I broke into a sprint and ran out of the school, headed to the field and up into a tree. I waited. Luc made his way out. I gathered up my courage. Slowly, I drew back my bow and released the arrow.

It made its mark. Luc hissed in pain. "You have bested me for the last time.." he shrieked as he dissolved. I hopped out of the tree. Alex ran up to me " You ok?" he asked concerned. "Yeah."

I sighed because I knew this wasn't over...it has only began....

Here we go......