Smoke Signals Chapt 5: Hidden Home

I drove fast still smoking as Elijah sat in the passenger seat. I heard my phone ring from the console and I noticed it was from Nik. Elijah looked at it too and I rolled my eyes. I turned my phone off and sped up a little. Elijah rose an eyebrow and had a slightly amused face lingering.

"Don't." I advised him. He chuckled.

"Likewise, where are we headed?" He questioned. I smiled, shrugging. "May I suggest a place?" I raised an eyebrow as he directed us towards the destination he had in mind.

The trip took us back through town and to an extended dirt road. I took it fast and started to slow as the trees became less dense. There was a small dwelling with a lot of flowers around it. It looked vintage, a small cottage from first glace but every cover can be deceiving. I parked in front of it.

"What is this?" I asked stepping out of the car. I grabbed my purse and phone before closing the door with a soft noise. Elijah smiled getting out of the car himself. He looked over at me as I blew smoke out of my mouth. He looked back to the cottage.

"A place you've only been once." He revealed. I raised an eyebrow in his direction as he went towards the front door. I followed looking around and put out my cigarette in the dirt pathway. He unlocked the door and I was surprised by his smile.

He went inside the abode and I hesitated. He turned to me and nodded once in an urge for me to come inside. I slowly passed through the threshold. I felt no triggers. Strange. One other time. I frowned. Maybe I wouldn't remember.

I looked around closing the door behind me. The inside was done in beach colors. Pale greens and stunning aquas. I smiled. The kitchen and living room were opened into each other the only thing separating them was a bar with stools, which looked to be the only eating area. There was an opening to a sun room of sorts and I walked towards it examining it.

It was a indeed a sunroom. I smiled, there was a small nook of things. books, and a desk. A staircase that led to a second floor. Under the staircase was a sofa like seating nook. I looked out the sunroom windows and up at the sky. The view was beautiful.

A river, or creek in the distance, not too far away. I smiled to myself. If I'd only been here once I had probably loved it then too. The whole place so far seemed like a paradise. A beautiful relaxing place. I could suddenly feel Elijah's presence in this cabin, right next to me. Elijah's cabin, it had a ring to it.

"What do you think?" He asked me quietly. I laughed looking over at him. He looked tired.

"It's lovely, where's the wine?" He only laughed at my response walking back out of the small sun room. I nestled into the sofa, kicking off my shoes and dropping my purse.

"Here you are." Elijah spoke handing me a large topped glass of red wine. My favorite. I smiled and patted the seat next to me. He took it cautiously.

"This is beautiful Elijah." I sipped on the delicate flavored liquid. He chuckled.

"It's a secret place of mine. Not even dear Niklaus knows of it." He revealed a new idea and I rose an eyebrow to him. He leaned back into the cushions and I watched amused. How much damage could I do in one evening. I watched him a moment more draining the glass of wine too quickly. He was sipping on his own and I watched him look over at me.

"More, dear?" He questioned innocently. My intentions were not innocent, I missed him. I missed them both. But Elijah...

"Something stronger, Elijah, my dear friend." I grinned up at him as he got up. He smiled gently nodding once before leaving the sun room. I awaited his return and when he came back it was with a half filled bottle of whiskey.