Smoke Signals Chapter 2: Hello Again

I'd followed my dear Klaus back his mansion of sorts. It looked lovely. He opened my car door for me like a gentleman as I examined the outside of the house. It looked inviting and a typical original family mansion. I grinned getting out. I closed the door to my beautiful car as Klaus and I laughed slightly.

"Well, what do you think?" He asked as I approached the large front door. I shrugged not facing him but had a smile on my face. "I built it you know." I grinned but kept my body straight so he couldn't tell.

"Mh, it's alright." I had a dry tone and I heard his confusion.

"I built it with you in mind, my love." He informed me as we reached the door. I shrugged again a grin on my face.

"Then its a good thing I already love it." I grinned, turning with a teasing face and he laughed grinning. We kissed before going inside. The inside amazed me as well, open, beautiful painting like a master piece. I hadn't seen him in almost four years and it had suddenly sunk in he made this mansion for us. Even though I wasn't with him, he had me in his heart.

"It's amazing." I was breathless smiling. He laughed looking around us almost proud.

"Ah, you have yet to see the kitchen and the dining room- you'll love the upstairs, I have a paint room- I thought you would love to share it with me, you could do your art or anything, dancing." He grinned walking past me. "And the bedroom- you'll love it Mamrie." He laughed. I raised an eyebrow following him.

We walked around the house a while before he took me upstairs. I followed my heels clicking on the wood stairs. The upstairs looked spacious, a long wide hallway. I followed him to the end where I knew his painting room would be. In New York there wasn't a very big space to do painting and my art and have guests over. Although we seemed to keep to ourselves at different points.

I gasped seeing the sheer size of the room. There were already a million paintings and pieces of art work. I grinned laughing walking past him to look around. All of them looked fantastic. He watched me explore them walking around like a child in a candy store. Greedy and looking at every single one,drooling on the ones I loved the most. He grinned wildly the whole time.

"I see you've finally come to see us." I heard a familiar voice and I turned happily.

"Rebekah!" I grinned seeing her standing next to Elijah. I went to her and we hugged. She laughed happily. "Elijah!" I greeted while hugging him too, he kissed my cheek.

"Good to see you Mamrie." He smiled. I smiled too then clapped my hands together.

"It's great to see you guys! Whats happened to Kol? Finn?" I asked turning to Klaus. "It's nice to see at least two siblings unstaked." I laughed nearing Klaus. He shrugged.

"Kol's slightly dead." I frowned instantly. Klaus took my hand.

"Klaus?" I questioned concerned. Dead? He's gone back to staking his siblings?

"And Finn is too- don't forget about that." Rebekah commented. I growled lightly.

"What the hell happened?" I asked as we all walked out of the room. I followed them closely. Klaus sighed out as we neared the stairs. "Niklaus." I questioned seriously.

"There were a few complications- Finn was not my problem- he favored our mother in a time of sibling need. The Salvatores and their dear doppleganger and friends killed him with a white oak stake." He explained with out much care. I frowned as we reached the living room. I took a seat in the large leather arm chair.

"They killed him... why?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Its complicated." He laughed moving me to sit down. I sat partially on his lap. "And Kol was a problem- he's not completely dead... just staked and locked away for some time. He's got a temper." I laughed. I'd only met him once in my reborn life. He'd been a little temperamental.

"Well at least you three remain here." I smiled cuddling into Klaus. He grinned. Rebekah smiled as well sitting near Elijah.

"Well congratulations, I haven't seen Nik this happy since the last time you were with us." Rebekah sighed out smiling. Elijah chuckled. I maintained eye contact with Klaus.

"Is that so - old grumpy pants being happy? Hm..." I said grinning at Klaus he rolled his eyes, and instead of replying, he kissed me. I laughed.

"You make me sound so old." He laughed and I joined in.

"You are Nik." I whispered and he kissed me again. I heard Rebekah make a gagging noise.

"Get a room." She complained and sighed. I laughed watching as her face changed to teasing. I rolled my eyes.

"We have one, and I can't wait to show you." He directed to me. I grinned and he picked me up bridal style. I laughed in confusion as he walked away. I could see Rebekah and Elijah laughing and smiling too.  I had missed Klaus.

Suddenly we were in his room. Our room. The bed laid in the middle of the beautifully cream colored walls. Strong glorious painting of us all over the room. Just like the apartment. The bedroom was bright, cheery, a hint of heaven and a lot of beauty in wood details. I grinned as he put me down. I looked around in awe. The light came through the windows just so and I smiled at it.

"What do you think, Mame?" He asked and I thought I heard a hint of nervousness. I turned to him, my hair flowing with me. I saw him grin, a grin that reflected my own. Happiness.

"I'm in love." I said and it was true. I laughed tossing myself on the bed. It was comfy and I closed my eyes. I felt the presence hanging around me and I opened my eyes. Klaus' eyes bore into mine. I grinned. His unshaved face and handsome features looked happy. For once. I grinned pulling his lips to mine. This was what I had missed for years.