Games

A/N: My favorite pic of her omg

Right now I am playing 2k because all of my friends are out at dinner without me. Including Ella. I feel so left out right now. Why didn't they think of inviting me, like did I do something wrong?

I pause my game and put my controller on the couch beside me. I hear my phone ringing, I just don't know where it is. I'm always losing my phone. I look under the couch and see my phone screen lighting up. I quickly grab my phone, hoping it's one of my friends at dinner realising that they forgot me. I answer it

"Hello" I breathe out still tired from looking around

"Hey Y/N. How come you never call your mother? I get so worried about you. So far away from all of your family and you never call"

I roll my eyes "Mom i'm sorry I never call it's just that i'm always so busy. I'll try and do better"

"What are you doing now? Did I interrupt you while you were at the studio or something"

Now normally I wouldn't lie to my mother, but i'm kind of annoyed at her getting on my case as soon as I pick up the phone.

"Yea mom. I'm at the studio trying to work on my album" I lied.

"Oh i'm sorry baby. I'll call back later ok ?"

"Alright bye. Love you" I quickly hang up the phone.

I have to hurry up and end the call because even though I said bye, that women will still talk my ear off. I hear my phone vibrate. I look at the screen and see it's a text from Normani.

Normani😘💕: Y/N are you busy right now?

Me: No im at home doing nothing atm

Normani😘💕: How about we get that lunch you talked about?

Me: Ok i'll pick you up

Normani😘💕: We'll be waiting. See you soon

Wait why did she say 'We'll' like its going to be more than one person waiting?

I put my phone down confused and quickly get dressed. I don't want to keep my future wife waiting.

I pull up to Normani's house a little while later. I get out of the car and walk up to the front door. As I was about to knock Dinah opens the door fully dressed.

"Hey Y/N"

"Hey Dinah"

She walks right past me and walks towards my car. Did Normani invite her? Maybe that's what she meant when she said 'we'll' in the text message. I thought she said it was a date. Maybe she said it without thinking.

Normani walks out the front door with Ally following behind her.

"Where is Lauren?" I say kind of annoyed. Might as well invite the whole crew.

"She isn't coming. She's out with some of her friends" She replied not noticing my attitude

We walk to the car and I go to the driver side. Normani goes to the back because Dinah is already in the front. Did Normani come outside after Dinah so she can sit in the back on purpose? Did she Invite Dinah and Ally on purpose so she wouldn't have to be alone with me? If so thats fucked up. I didn't do anything to make her feel uncomfortable. She asked me if I wanted to go to lunch, not a date. Maybe I should stop overreacting.

When we all get settled in the car Dinah immediately plugged in the aux cord. I gave her the side eye when I realized she started playing Blem by Drake. All of my friends know that in this vehicle with me driving, the first song that we play has to be by J. Cole.