Chapter 8

He Guys, i'm sorry if you don't like this chapter its a bit all over the place but i promise the next one will be better. Please vote and comment.

“Yes,” I said weakly, all I wanted to do was burst into tears. I had so many questions going through my head.

“Good, I’m Officer Smith,” He said

“What happened,” I asked quickly

“Your mother was found at the pub very drunk we are just bringing her home.” He said. I was so relieved; I thought she had committed a crime.

“Thank you,” I said sincerely.

“Unfortunately Cleo we can’t leave you here without by yourself.” He said

“I’ll stay here with her officer,” Liam said, he really was the best boyfriend in the world.

“Ok then, that should be fine. Although we have some questions to ask your mother in the morning when she is sober. We will be here at 9am.” He said very seriously.

“Ok and thank you again.” I said gratefully

I woke up on the lounge in Liam’s arms. I was so grateful that he had stayed last night with me. I got carefully trying not to wake him.

“Morning Beautiful” He said sleepily, dam I woke him.

“Sorry I didn’t want to wake you” I said as I notice there was people talking in the kitchen. The police were already here and talking to Mum. I decided not to go and interrupt so I sat back down with Liam.

“How are you?” I asked trying to make conversation,

“I fantastic” He replied, I chuckled before asking

“Why are you soooo fantastic?”

“Because I’m with here with my amazing girlfriend,” I got butterflies in my tummy and felt my cheeks go bright red.

We basically talked about nothing for the next half an hour before the police left and Mum walked into the lounge room. She sat down on the single seater and looked up at me.

“Hey Mum, this is my new boyfriend Liam,” I said in a cheerful tone

“It’s nice to meet you Mrs King.” Liam said as he put his out to shake hers but Mum didn’t put her hand out.

“Cleo, I have been thinking and I’m going to rehab.” Mum said, my mouth fell open and I could feel my body go all tense.

“F-for how long?” I managed to say

“The course for gambling goes for 8 weeks,” She said, I nodded

“Cleo, I want you to know that I’m sorry for everything I’ve done to you since your Father had died, I should have been there for you but instead I have been only thinking about myself, I’m so sorry love.” She said, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

“When do you leave?”

“Tonight,” She replied quickly.

“Well thanks for the notice” I mumbled to myself. She then went upstairs and started packing I presume. I was still in shoke, I seriously never thought that this would happen. I mean I had hoped for ages that she would wake up to herself and go to rehab even if it was just to get over Dad.

“Are you ok?” Liam asked as he grabbed my hand and started rubbing it.

“Yeah, I’m just shocked.” I said and turned to look at him.

“I know you properly don’t want to hear any more bad news-”

“It wasn’t bad news, it was good” I said as I interrupted him.

“Oh right, well you see you know how I’m only on holidays with my family at the moment well, we leave next week.” I looked at the ground I was going to miss him so much.

“What am I going to do without you,” I muttered as I looked at the ground.

“You know I’m going to miss you so much Cleo,” He said sincerely, that was great I’m going to spend the whole summer by myself.

“Yeah I know I’m going to miss you too Liam, I just didn’t think I would have to spend the summer by myself.” I said

“You should come with me,” He said excited

“What?” I asked surprised

“Well Mum and Dad both like you and then you won’t be by yourself, come one what have you got to stay for?” He was right there was nothing for me here.

“Ok” I said now really excited. I was going to live with Liam, this was turning into the best summer of my life.  He looked into my eyes and I looked at his, I could feel his hot breath on my neck, he bent forward and broke the gap between our lips and kissed me with so much emotion.

After our lips broke I whispered into his ear “You know you are the best boyfriend ever”