Chapter 3

We must have swam, talked and got dumped by millions of waves (well I got dumped by millions of waves) for hours.

“Hey are you hungry” Liam asked as we walked out of the water.

“Starving”

 “Ok, well I know you’re the local and properly know all the good places to eat but there is this really good and cheap fish and fish shop just up the road.” The funny thing was I didn’t know where all the good places are to eat. It’s cheaper for me and mum to eat at home.

“Yeah sure” I said cheery voice. That was when I remembered that I just stormed out of the house without grabbing my wallet.

“What’s up?” Liam said

“Um… I just remembered that I didn’t bring my wallet, I’ll have to go and get it. Meet you at there in 10.” I said as I started to walk away but suddenly felt a strong hand grab my wrist. It was the same hand that saved me from being dumped by the big wave back at the beach.

“I’ll pay for you”

“But-“

“Just think of it as an IOU” He said in a cheeky voice. There was no use trying to argue back, I could tell that he had made up his mind.

“Fine” I said even though I wasn’t happy about it. We got our fish and chips and decided to go eat them at the park. I could feel my shoulders getting sun burnt so walked towards a shady tree.

“Those smell so good’ I said as Liam was unwrapped the paper around them.

“I know” he said. He was practically drooling over the smell of the freshly cooked fish. I grabbed a chip and put it into my mouth. It burnt my tongue but I didn’t care I was so hungry. I think Liam thought the same because his left eyebrow twitched as he ate the chip.

We must have been talking for hours, about anything and everything (well apart from mum). You know the usual questions, like what’s your favourite colour and music and what do you do in your spare time.

“You know what?” I said

“What?”

“We should go and join that soccer game over there.” I had been eyeing it off for ages now and some of the kids from school were there so it should be alright. I hope.

“Ok” he said as he put his out to help me up.

“Hey guys, got room for two more?” I asked.

“Yeah, if you’re up to it Cleo, remember what happened last time you played soccer with us.” said Will. Last time a played soccer with them I got put in goalie. I’m not the best soccer player to start off so why they would put me in goal I have no idea. Anyway I was talking to someone behind the goal when Will basically botted the ball at my head and I face planted straight into the foot path. He has never let me forget that.

“Hahaha, I’m laughing my head off right now.” I said sarcastically. He just laughed.

“Who’s your friend???” Will asked.

“This is Liam.” I said as I ran into the game. It was fun I didn’t get hit in the head once, which was relief.

 I hope you liked it so far!!! I would love it if you would tell me what you think and please remember to vote!!!! Zoe