Chapter 6

Liam’s P.O.V.

“I'm sorry” Cleo whispered into my chest.

“For what?” I asked in a gentle tone.

“I’m overreacting” She said in between sobs.

“No, you’re not.” I said as I tilted her chin up, so I could see eyes. They were all red and the bruises on her check were more noticeable but somehow she still looked beautiful. “Do you want me to call the police??” I asked. Her head snapped up as I said this.

“No, don’t call the police, please don’t call the police,” she pleaded as the brims of her eyes filled up with more tears.

“But don’t you want to find out who did this to your house.” I asked

“No, I already know.” She whispered and burst into tears again. I pulled Cleo’s body towards mine and hugged her tightly.

“Who was it?”

“My Mum,” She said as she whipped her eyes.

“Is she the reason you have bruises on cheek?” I asked. She nodded in reply and covered her face.

“Do you want me to help you clean up,” I said trying to change the subject.

“Only if you want to” She said.

“Of course I want to. What type of boyfriend would I be if I didn’t.” She looked and kissed me.

“Ok, why don’t you start with the living room while I have a shower?” She said sweetly. I got and walked to stairs towards the lounge chair.

Cleo’s P.O.V.

I hopped into the shower as soon as Liam went down stairs. I can’t believe he wants to stay and help me tidy up. If I was in his shoes I would be out of there within seconds but he wasn’t.

The hot water felt fantastic on my bare skin and relaxed me instantly. I washed my hair and hopped out of the shower quickly. I gave my hair a quick blow dry and put an extremely thick layer of foundation on. Then finished off with some eyeliner and mascara.

I walked into my room with a towel wrapped around me and tried to find something decent to where, which was hard because all my clothes were lying on the ground. I finally found some shorts and tank top that had the letters LOVE written on it.

I started to fold the rest of my clothes that were on the floor and put them away. I then restraightened my bed and grabbed the smashed radio off the ground and put it in the bin. The hardest part was then to pick up all the photo’s Mum had destroyed. The happiest moments of my childhood were there. The time Mum and Dad took me to see my first live footy game and when we went on the holiday to the Paris.

Of course all these moment were before Dad died in a car accident. I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and cleaned up the rest of my room.

I walked down stair to find the living room all done and looked around to try and find Liam. He was in the kitchen putting anything that wasn’t broken onto the kitchen bench.

“You’ve been crying again.” Liam said in a gentle tone. I looked to the ground embarrassed.

“Wait, how do you know??”

“Your mascara has run.” He said and then gave me a smile.

“I really need to get some water proof mascara,” I laughed to myself before running upstairs to fix it.

___________________________________________________________________________-

We bot fell onto the coach; we had finally finished cleaning up the whole house.

“So where is your mum?” Liam asked

“My guess is the pokies” I said in reply, he just nodded.

“I’m guessing you want an explanation now.” I said looking at him.

“Yep that would be nice,” Liam said. He didn’t say it in a rude way though. He just kinda sounded like he wanted to know why someone would wreck their own house.

“Um… well my Mum is addicted to pokies, which therefore means we don’t have much money.” I said stating the obvious. Liam nodded.

“Ok, so I fight with Mum everyday about how we won’t have enough money for me to go to school soon if she doesn’t stop gambling and she always fights back. Yesterday morning we had a fight over how I was the most selfish person in the world and she slapped me.” I said as I pointed to my cheeks.

“That’s why you were in the surf with your clothes on.” Liam said quietly to himself, but I heard. I nodded.

“What about your Dad can’t he do something??” Liam asked, he was really worried now, I could see it in his eyes. I shook my head.

“Dad died last year.” I said holding back the tears, “That’s why Mum gambles but she has already used up all of Dad’s life insurance money.If she doesn't stop soon we will be broke.” I couldn’t hold my tears back anymore and Liam scooped my up into his arms and whispered into my ear “It will be ok, baby, I promise.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I told Liam everything and I mean everything. I told about how much I missed Dad and how I’ve got to stay strong for Mum even though more than anything in the world I want Mum to hold me tell me everything was going to be ok.

I was sitting on the lounge watching TV when Liam got off his phone.

“We are going to do something fun today.” He said in an excited tone.

“Ok, what?” I said curiously.

“I’m not telling, but go upstairs and put your togs on.” He said I did as I was told and came back down stairs. Liam grabbed my hand and we walked out of the house.

“Baby what are we doing,” I whined, I hated surprises.

“It’s a surprise,” He said in a cheeky tone. I pouted at him. We got to the beach and walked over to the surf school sign.

“SURPRISE!!!!”  Liam shouted,

“You got us surfing lessons” I said excitedly. I couldn’t wait. I’d always wanted to learn to surf. But then it hit me, surfing lessons cost money.

“No I can’t it’s too expensive.” I said

“Not if I’m paying”

“But-”

“But nothing, it’s a special treat for my amazing girlfriend.” He said as he bent down to kiss me. He was the best boyfriend a girl could ever want.