4. More Than One Way

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
Where am I?

I could see the sky and trees covering my vision. The last thing I remembered was this excruciating pain in my heart and then everything else was dark from there.

I groaned, sitting up with dry leaves stuck in my hair.

Where was V?

"(Y/N)"

I snapped my head towards the direction of the voice. "V?" I called out hesitantly.

"(Y/N)"

Standing up, I followed the voice. His voice.

I don't know how long I walked till I finally found him.

I was out of the woods and in a green field.

There were yellowish grass and dandelions everywhere. And in the middle of it all stood V.
The rays of the sun fell on his face in a soft lighting way. His blue eyes seemed more bright as his lips stretched into a smile.

"V"

In the blink of an eye, he was in front of me. And that's when I noticed the wings.

"V, you got your wings back." I whispered, mesmerized by the translucent light emitting from it.

"For the moment." was his reply.

Wait. What?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I was given a choice." he said.

"By..." I trailed off looking up at the blue sky. "Him?"

He nodded, "Yes"

"So now you're an angel."I said, sadness tinged in my voice.
I should be happy, I mentally kicked myself.

"For the moment." he replied again.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"It means that...,"he  stepped closer till his face was inches away from mine, his warm breath fanning my face.

"I was given a choice." he paused, his hand softly caressing my cheek.
His lips were inches away from mine when he replied.

"And I chose you." and then he kissed me.

His tasted like berries and mint as he molded his lips into mine.

Shock rushed throughout my body. Is he saying that. . .

"I've fallen for you in more than one way (Y/N)," he whispered against my mouth.

"I love you."

The shock was replaced by..happiness.

I was happy.

I smiled into the kiss, gingerly running my hands through his golden hair as his other hand held me by the back of my neck, making small circles with his thumb.

"I love you too."

And then there was the pain again.

I crumbled into his arms as he held me tight, whispering sweet reassurances in my ear.

"V" I gasped in pain.

"It's okay." he choked out a sob.

"We'll meet again. We'll fall in love once more. Even though you won't be able to remember. Even if I can't remember you. I'll make you happy (Y/N). I'll protect you again. Not as your angel but as a human who will love you with every breath I take," he whispered.

I could see every memory being replayed in my mind. The pain, the sadness, the guilt. And then V, the laughter, the comfortable silences, the tears. . .the love. I felt all of it fading away no matter how much I tried to resist.

"What's happening?" I cried, grabbing on to the man who tightly held me in his arms.

"It'll be okay (Y/N)." he whispered repeatedly. He was crying so hard.

I felt the weirdest feeling of safety in his arms. Black spots appeared in my eyes before everything when dark, the words the stranger kept on whispering, echoing in the back of my mind.

"It's gonna be okay."

Narrator's P.O.V.
The angel cried as the girl in his arms laid limp with shallow breaths leaving her lips but he still held on to her tightly as they slowly faded.

Every memory was gone. He disappeared from the pictures, leaving a vacant space next to her own.

And he disappeared from her memories.

Her life.

Her heart.

With their foreheads pressed together he left one last fleeting kiss, closing his eyes as his wings disappeared leaving no scar down his back.

He was now human. One who would have to begin tomorrow with no memory of the love he had. Of the life he led.

"I will wait a thousand lifetimes," he swallowed in a deep breath, trying to suppress the force that was making his memories fade just for a few moments.

"As long as-" he gasped in pain, holding her hand in his.

"As long as you're there at the end of it."

He struggled in panic as he tried to remember her name.

"I love you. . ." he dropped next to her, eyes barely open.

"(Y/N)"

A/N: Yello! Did you like it? I hope you did. Well, as we are nearing the much awaited end. I thought of  making a playlist for 'Fallen For You.'
One in korean and another in english. Hope you'll like it!

Do share and comment and spread the love!
And... *whispers* vote.

Ni na kanga meimer!