2. Human

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
1 Year

It has been one year since I met Taehyung. One year since I found out that Taehyung was my guardian angel and the one who saved me. That angels, demons, the Devil and God really do exist.

At first, things were difficult. Taehyung, or V (for victory), as I now call him didn't know much about the modern world. It was troublesome when it came to food (he tried making pancakes. . .with detergent). But I did have a good laugh when I took him to the theatre.

He told me that he watched over me the moment I was born. And unfortunately, that meant he was there when I. . .when I cut myself.

He wanted to know why I did it.

'To feel human' I had said.

He had cocked his head in confusion. 'But aren't you human?'

After that day, I tried to stop.

Yeah, that didn't end well

Flashback
'Where is it?' I thought as I rummaged through the cupboards and drawers.

"Looking for this?" V's deep voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I quickly turned to face him and eyed the razor blade between his fingers.

"V" I exhaled harshly. "Give it to me."

"No."

I couldn't think clearly. I tried to snatch it out of his hands but an invisible force stopped me.

Stupid angel powers.

"Please Tae," I sputtered, tears brimming my eyes.

Fear coursed through my vein as he brought the blade against his own pale skin.

"No! What are you doing?" I cried.

With the blade in his hand, he balled it into a fist, blood dripping from the sides.
"Stop! Stop it!" I screamed, falling down on my knees.
The force holding me back was gone.

Walking towards him on shaky legs, I carefully held his injured hand in my own.

I gasped, tears falling out of my eyes like a broken dam as the gashes slowly closed till there was nothing but blood from a now closed wound.

"If seeing me do this to myself hurt you this much..." he paused, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear with his other hand, "How do you think I felt every time I saw you on the verge of unconsciousness, fearing that one day you won't open those eyes? Falling wouldn't make much difference if I can't save you from yourself."

Present
That incident happened 3 months ago.
3 months since I found out that V was kicked out of heaven, because he saved me. That was the day I completely stopped.

"You got the movie on?" V asked, settling down beside me in the couch. "Yep. Can you switch the lights off?" I requested, snuggling into his chest.

With one arm draped around my shoulder, he snapped his fingers and the lights were out. "What are we watching?" he asked, popping a popcorn into his mouth.

Yeah. I know what you're thinking. No, we aren't a 'thing'. I don't even think he knows what dating means.

"Miracles in Cell No. 7," I answered, pressing play.

The next morning both of us woke up with red noses, puffy eyes and a litter of tissue papers everywhere.

After cleaning the mess we had made, I looked outside the window at the rising sun. "Wanna go out for a walk?" I asked.

His gaze followed my own and he smiled.

"I'm in."

Timeskip
V's P.O.V. (A/N: Time for our adorable alien!)

I trailed behind (Y/N) as she walked forward facing me. Wearing a floral sundress, a hat and a pair of 'flip-flops', she looked 'fresh out of the magazine' as I heard someone say.

We were spending a lot of time together since it was summer holiday. I learnt that she loved to read. She wanted to be a lawyer after graduation. She loved to cook but she couldn't bake even if her, I quote, 'life depended on it.'

Honestly, she was stunning. With her (h/c) hair and bright (e/c) orbs, her lips stretched into a smile and her arms free of new scars, she looked. . .happy.

So why did I feel so uneasy?

(Y/N) was laughing at something she told me when suddenly she stopped.

She gasped in pain, clutching a hand to her chest over her heart.

"(Y/N)!" I caught her in my arms before she could fall. "My- my heart," she whimpered, "It hurts so much."

"Don't worry, (Y/N)." I chanted repeatedly as I dashed towards the healing centre. What was the name humans used?

A hospital!

* * *

hiya! Hope you liked this chapter! 💕

Do share and comment and spread the love!
And... *whispers* vote.

Ni na kanga meimer!