3. A Choice

V's P.O.V.
I stared at the odd looking box that continued beeping with transparent tubes connected to (Y/N).

"Are you the patient's family?" a man with a white coat over his uniform asked. I shook my head, "I'm her guar-" I stopped myself before I could speak any further.

"Guardian?" He asked.
I nodded. Works both ways I guess.

"Is this the first time this has happened?" He asked. "Yes." I replied.

The man, a doctor, as (Y/N) once told me, looked troubled.

"Do you know what is happening to her?" I asked.

"I have a slight suspicion" he paused, "Her heart is weak -fragile. I have never seen a case like hers ever before."

"What is it?"

He hesitated before speaking, "You see, when a human falls in love, the brain triggers out a hormone called phenylephylamine. Eating chocolate can also cause a similar effect. It seems that her heart rejects the hormone and fights against it by clenching itself so that there is no space for the hormone to pass  through. And when that happens, blood supply is momentarily suspended which is dangerous for the human body and the next time it happens, she might not make it."

"Are you saying that she can't fall in love?" I asked.

"Yes, I do, but it's only an assumption."

. . .I was numb. But I was in pain. I didn't understand it.

The pain I felt when my wings were ripped out of me seemed a whole lot better than this.

"Excuse me," my own voice seemed distant. "I need some time,"

With one fleeting look at (Y/N) , I ran.

I ran past the doctors, nurses and other patients and every other human.

I ran until I felt a little tired

a little human.

When I stopped. I looked up and saw that I was in front of a church. On top of which a certain angel was waving at me.

"Hoseok-hyung."

I blinked and suddenly I was in a wide expanse. Green grass and trees everywhere. The place I fell.
And in front of me were 6 other angels.

Jungkook. The angel of youth.

Jimin. The angel of fortitude.

Yoongi-hyung. The angel of silence.

Hoseok-hyung. The angel of hope.

Jin-hyung. The angel of love.

Namjoon-hyung. The angel of time.

And then there was me. A fallen angel. Former angel of protection.

"Why am I here?" I asked. "Ya. . .hyung. No helloes?" Jungkook smiled.

"Hello Kookie (A/N: VKook!). Jimin. Hyungs." I nodded at each one of them until my eyes fell on Jin-hyung.

"What's happening to her?" I didn't need to mention a name for him to know who I was talking about.

He looked distraught.

"Time is catching up on her," Namjoon-hyung answered instead.

What?

"You saved her a year ago. You prevented her death and changed her entire sequence."

"But there is a choice for you." Hoseok-hyung cut in.

"A choice?" I asked.

"Yes, we have been monitoring your activities and..." the angel of silence, Yoongi-hyung paused.

"And what?" My voice was agitated.

What was the verdict? Would I go back to heaven or stay as a human? And why did I want to be a human?

"You're in love, Taehyung." Jin-hyung softly declared.

Love. That one word made me go still. And I couldn't deny what he had said. I was in love with (Y/N).

But she was going to die.

"Are you ready?" Jimin asked.

"Tell me."

"You have been given two choices." Namjoon-hyung began. "You can come back to heaven."

"And (Y/N)?" I asked. "She will live. Her heart will be healed but she will not remember you. It cannot be assured that she will not repeat her past actions but for now, she will continue her life." Yoongi-hyung replied.

"But he has given you another choice. One where she'll live and you can be human," Hoseok-hyung said.

"He is merciful but He does not give straightforwardly." Jin-hyung said, glancing up at the sky. "You will not remember you're time on heaven or with (Y/N), nor will she remember you. You will become human, have a family, sin and repent. Whether the both of you will meet or not depends entirely on fate."

"So hyung," Jungkook called, "What's your choice?"

A/N: some of you might wonder why Jimin has falling sand to represent him. Well, according to Islamic culture, if  you dream of holding sand in your hand it means that you have to 'work hard' to achieve wealth/goals, etc. Hence, the angel of fortitude (or determination). Hope you liked it.

Do share and comment and spread the love!
And... *whispers* vote.

Ni na kanga meimer!