Chapter 24- Oh, I do love to sail the seas. Voyage starts.

If someone had told Julia, on her sixteenth birthday, that in five months time she would be  pregnant with twins, homeless, and sailing on some massive boat that had been half-trashed and was still being renovated and repaired as they sailed away from America...

She would have called them crazy. Bonkers. Stark raving mad. All those words she'd heard in the Harry Potter movies. Great words for it.

Julia would have called them mad if they'd just said she would be moving away from America. Seriously. Who knew Panema was a country, anyway? Or was it a city? She'd just heard about the canel thing.

She sat beside Levi now, as he still 'hung on', watching as LA vanished from the window. It was pitch black again- Oliver had ordered another 'lights out' and they were moving back a little bit for a few hours. He'd said they'd stay there for five hours and then start to move. Apparently after the shopping madness everyone was exhausted. 

Honestly, they just should have gotten her and Beth and the other teenagers to shop. She didn't know what they were fussing about.  Shopping wasn't that hard. 

Julia made sure Levi was covered with the blanket before peaking at the leg. It looked pretty awful. Even with the werewolf's ability to resist illness and disease, and to heal fast, Levi's leg was struggling. It looked kind of red, the wounds weren't healing as fast as they should have, he still wasn't breathing that good.  Her dad had said that he'd had muscle damage, maybe nerve damage, and that he'd lost a lot of blood. So he was going to take a while to get it healed. Julia wondered if he'd be able to walk properly if it was that bad...

"Julia?"

She glanced up at Beth who guestured for her. Julia sighed, dropped the blanket over his leg, and kissed his forehead. 

Julia headed out into the room and they stood there outside the boat, in the darkness, watching the light of a half-moon make the waves ripple silver. Sometimes boats passed by closer to the city, this long strip of lights that looked twice as big against the ocean, and the boats that passed were mostly dark themselves except for the flash-flash-flash of a light up high on them. Probably to make sure other boats knew they were there. Julia glanced up and saw that their own boat had one too.

"How's the babies feeling?" Beth asked softly from beside her. "Do you feel sea sick?"

Julia blinked. She hadn't even thought about sea sickness. "Um. No. I feel kind of good actually. I don't feel sick at all." Her boobs kind of ached though, to be honest, and the cramps still came and went. Not to mention the farting. No one told her that she'd be eating and farting for three. "Do you?"

"Yeah." Beth admitted. She grimiced slightly. "I kind of feel sick. I don't know why you're okay. Mom said that it helps to watch the waves, tell the brain that the motion is normal."

"Me either." Julia found a couple of old lounge chairs. Beth sat on it and Julia sat on the edge, the two of them watching the waves, the boat rocking backwards and forwards. It was pretty calm right now. 

"If it doesn't work mom got a lot of stuff that will make it go away. She just wanted to save it just in case. She said we could be on this thing for ages."

"Crazy." A bunch of werewolves on a tiny boat? Okay. It wasn't a tiny boat, it was fairly large, but it was going to be interesting. 

"Oh yeah, mom said that we're not allowed on the top floor. Apparnetly that's for werewolves only. The grown up ones." Beth scowled somewhat, glancing up, crossing her arms. "Like we're kids still."

"They really want to keep those secrets from us still. It kind of annoys me too. What could be so bad about us that they don't want to tell us till we're changing?"