Chapter 19 - Pack & Spider Clash

A/N I never said how these Packs change, or why they're named the way they are, did I?  >: B 

 __________________________

"Oh, no you don't." Julia hissed. Twisted her legs to the side as she watched a spider crawl up the wall beside her. She hadn't even gotten to the toilet yet. There was a spider guarding it. 

It continued to go up the wall. The tiny bathroom was not leaving either of them much space. It was just inches from her. 

It turned. 

"You don't want to do that." Julia hissed again, lower, narrowing her eyes as all the spiders eyes fixed on her. She knew what it was thinking. She knew what it wanted to do.

It jumped on her leg and she squeaked, backed up to the door, dropping her skirt on the floor and fleeing from the bathroom as Oliver stared. "The spider attacked me!"

Oliver watched her run for her bedroom, the top just barely covering her panties, nearly dropping the plate. Breakfast and she was already back to her usual self. 

He shook his head, trying to shake that image free, as he slid their breakfasts down on the table. Julia returned and glared at the bathroom, before heading for his room and his bathroom instead. Oliver would have to rescue her from the spider. Alpha's duty. Protect the pack.

Julia came out and sat down as Oliver served omelet. He'd always cooked but it'd never looked so damn healthy. She prodded it. There didn't seem to be much cheese or ham in it. 

"Is there meat in it?"

"Of course. Lean pork." He sat down and pushed a glass of water and a plate with her pills. "Your vitamins."

Julia sighed. Tried to remind herself this was for the good of all. She didn't want to harm her babies, that wasn't it, but some part of her missed coffee. Phoenix cola. She pricked her finger and made sure everything was fine, took the pills, then got onto breakfast. Same routine for the past few days.

It was okay. 

"Here." Oliver slid the money across to her and her belongings. "They returned them."

"Just like that?"

He shrugged, stabbed his fork into the omelet. "I may have threatened a little." He may have even threatened enough to get one of them to piss their pants. The Alpha had brought them over the night after he'd taken her to hospital and while Oliver was playing 'calm' with Julia, he ripped them a new asshole. Verbally. Alpha-eyes, a few great words, body language, three great tools to make sure they knew exactly what he thought of them threatening any pregnant person in his pack. Particularly his pregnant mate.

"I could have done it." Julia muttered. "If I wasn't pregnant."

"You won't be forever. They wouldn't have dared if you weren't pregnant." He smiled somewhat. Oliver meant that too. Five seconds with Julia and the ring leader would have pissed herself. He checked his phone as they sat there.

It worried him that the Northern Pack had been so quiet. No border attacks. No sneaking across. No more attacks of any kind. 

Julia slid back to tug her top up, slid the belly band down, and stroked her stomach. It was getting big. She was more attached to it every day. They moved, these two babies, they liked to move every morning. "Just wait. You two get out of the way safely then Mama Julia goes mental on the idiots."

"That's if they're still here."  Oliver reminded her. He pushed something else across to her. "Baby furniture."

"I can't afford it yet." She reminded him. Julia and Oliver had agreed that she'd do half days with Sally at her store, instead of full days, but she hadn't wanted to give up her job. There was something kind of awesome about earning your own money. About paying Oliver 'board'. Paying for your own clothing. She still hadn't gotten used to grocery shopping.