Prologue

Green. Red. Green. Red.

The thing kept changing in Julia's hand and she scowled at it. Shook it. Squeaked as some of her own pee flicked up. Ew. Okay, that was a bad idea. Was it supposed to go a colour or lines? She checked the box again and saw it was lines, not colours, and that the lines had been there for a few minutes.

It was so hard to tell though. 

"Julia, did you do your homework?"

"Yes, Mom." Julia yelled. She hadn't needed to- her mom was right there- but her moods were all over the place. She tugged another test out and tried again, struggling a little, trying to get it to work properly this time.

"Your father's coming home from the Pack Hall in a few hours. You better get this shit cleaned up off the table then." Her mother moved closer to the door, knocking on it with one arm, and Julia heard the soft whine-cry of her newborn brother there. She could almost picture it- her mother, dark shadows under her eyes, tired, trying to hold her newborn brother Ben in one arm and trying to knock with the other.  "You know how he likes it clean. I need your help till Ben's sleeping."

Julia knew. She knew how he liked it clean, his home, just like he liked for everyone to look well groomed. Those exact words- well groomed. Sometimes she wondered if he forgot that they were also human part of the time. Being Beta of the Pack, the Pack that Julia was still technically too young to take any formal part in, it made him sometimes forget that Julia had to live life as a teenager first. Werewolf second. Well groomed was something you saw in old movies. Not in reality. 

The urge to throw up and growl at her mother for interrupting her rose, at the exact same time, and Julia found herself bent over the basin. She couldn't do it in the toilet. Gross. Luckily it cut off her urge to growl at her mother for getting too close.

That was how she'd figured out she might be knocked up. Julia usually liked her mum. She liked her, she never wanted to be the 'I hate my parents' kind of teenager, even if her mom and dad were pains in the neck. But the past few weeks she'd started to get really aggressive. Not towards anyone in particular, she could still handle her male friends, but she'd started to feel strangely angry towards any female. Right now she could tell her mum was 'fertile' even though she'd only had her baby a few weeks before.  Julia wasn't sure how she knew, she just knew, and it made her furious. Angry. Territorial.

She'd almost lost it when her mum came into her room this morning. Almost. Not the usual teenage temper tantrum either, that wouldn't have been so bad, but Julia had nearly changed and nearly attacked her mother. That had been the point when Julia realised something was seriously wrong with her. That had been the point when she'd remembered how her mother had behaved when she was pregnant. Her own mother had screamed and attacked Julia,  then cried, then screamed, then lunged for her throat, and eventually Julia had been forced to go live with her Uncle in the Pack's estate for  a few months. 

"Julia, are you sick?" Her mom didn't pause to wait for Julia to answer, "I need you to make dinner tonight. I can't get Ben to settle again." 

"Not that sick." Julia called, reaching for the toothbrush and trying to get the taste out of her mouth, scowling. Was the test finished yet? A few more seconds. Julia cringed as she heard Ben start to cry again further down the hall, felt her fingers tighten around the toothpaste- it exploded all over the sink and mirror- as she heard her mother coo to him, and gritted her teeth. This wasn't fair. She was already getting fat.  But her baby wouldn't be like Ben. She'd be cute. Curls. Big eyes. Julia already had the perfect outfits in mind for her- she'd seen them for sale at the mall. She'd have the green eyes her daddy had. The eyes that made Julia go weak at the knees.

It said the same thing as the first. Not pregnant.

She stared down at her stomach in the mirror, tugging the top up, and twisted around to try and see it. Prodded it. It looked pregnant if she flopped her stomach out. It looked pregnant if she held her stomach in. And she was starting to go crazy at any female in sight. 

It didn't matter what the test said. It'd been weeks since she'd had a period and her stomach was bloated. Julia knew.

 It was time to face the music before they figured it out too... and then go shopping for baby clothing with her mom. Maybe that'd calm down the fanged-hormone-wolf. Her mom's credit card. 

____________________

A new story idea about what would REALLY happen if a teenage werewolf got pregnant... and how the rest would take it. :) It's going to have some humor and some darker sides to it, some adult themes, and written for everyone, werewolf fans, romance fans, whatever.  

Werewolf/Humor/Romance/Drama

Please remember to vote and let me know if you're interested to read on! :D