Chapter 22- Homeless, windy and it's getting hot in here?

Julia ran, as much as she could, which wasn't that easy now. Staircases, stupid things, why didn't this giant boat have lifts like regular crazy expensive boats? She panted as she reached the deck they'd left Levi in- she wasn't sure where the actual engine ...driver...room was. 

"Dad, wh-" Pant, pant, "-What?"

The snarls and growls were heard even from here, as she tried to hurry to the window beside her dad. He looked white, worried, his hand white on the window as he stared down. Julia stared down too. Wolves facing wolves. She knew without having to ask which ones were her pack. It was this inbuilt awareness that came with it. 

"It's okay, sweetie." He wrapped an arm over Julia's shoulder. "Your mom's not a pushover when her baby's on board. We're getting back- that's all. Keeping the kids safe."

Julia stared at her mother, this dark red wolf, and he wasn't kidding. Beth's mother wasn't as good but she was smart, which the others didn't appear to be, the other two from her Pack holding their side up easily. They weren't winning, exactly, but they were holding their ground. They already had one of the attacking Pack lying deathly still on the pier, throat torn open, and while it should have upset her... it really didn't. 

But they weren't winning either. There was already a long gash down her mom's leg and Beth's mom had a bloody face and neck.

"Dad, they need help."

"I know. Look." He held up his phone. "Oliver's got good timing."

Oliver?

She felt her heart move faster at that, stared at the phone, the message- 'Coming now. 5 mins away. Move boat back and stay quiet.'

There was something, suddenly, a dozen wolves. Not enemy wolves, not ones she knew either, but her dad didn't seem alarmed. Julia tried to understand. 

The newcomers crept along the pier, more or less unnoticed by the attacking Pack, and suddenly they were on the wolves. Someone was beside Julia, that blonde bitch, and she gasped.

"Dad?"

The fight was over in seconds- twelve wolves on the six from the Northern Pack, plus the four from her Pack on the other side. 

"You two go back into your rooms." Her dad turned on them. "That's an order to both of you. Just for a few hours." He squeezed Julia's shoulder quickly before heading off for one of the doors she hadn't yet explored. That was the driver's room, apparently, or whatever it was called on a ship.

Julia and blonde bitch stared each other down, the tension rising, before the blonde bitch spoke up.

"Louisa." The girl muttered. Turned and headed downstairs without another word. Julia watched her go before she headed down too for her and Beth's room. 

Beth was there, freaking out, standing at the porthole.

"Did you see it? Who are they?"

"I don't know. I think Oliver sent them." Maybe they were from the desert Pack then. Come to think of it, what had happened to the Desert Pack? Julia shut the door behind them and sat on the single bed.  It was pretty old. Julia hadn't really had much of a permant home since she'd gotten pregnant and now they were completely homeless? That really sucked.

"Mom was hurt." Beth sat down beside her, shaking.

"I think they're okay." Julia didn't know but she wanted Beth to feel better. She hugged her. The boat was again vibrating under them. 

She and Beth froze as they heard something bang against the side of the boat but it was just the pier again, coming to rest against the side of the big boat, and the gangplank thing being lowered back down. It seemed okay though. Julia yawned, leaning against Beth, finding herself surprisingly exhausted after the day.