Chapter 1- Julia's revenge, Part 1

Three months earlier.

Sixteen. She was finally sixteen and was going to be formally introduced to the Pack.

It didn't make Julia old enough to be Pack, not yet, she had to wait till she was twenty one before they could test her and decide if she could become officially apart of it. When she turned eighteen she'd be given a 'pack mother' to teacher her and prepare her for the Pack itself. Or she could decide between eighteen or twenty one that she didn't want to be Pack. Those were the rules. Of course Julia would be Pack, one day, she was already guaranteed that from her father's position in the pack. 

Julia twisted around in front of the mirror, trying to figure out what to wear, aware that she was already late for it.  

"Julia, your mother's in the car. Driving away." Her dad called, sounding exasperated, and Julia glanced out the window to see her mom already driving off. They had two cars thankfully but ... her mother had gone a little nuts lately. "You nearly done?"

He was probably afraid she'd attack someone. Julia had never known a pregnant woman, werewolf or human, who was as uptight as her mother was right now. Was it because it was the Beta's first son? Sons were still pretty valuable in the werewolf community. It was stupid, they weren't really much different to the women, but the women had always let the men believe otherwise. Julia didn't want to be like that. She wanted them to know she was just as good as everyone else.

 She sighed and gave it up. The green dress wasn't bad- a classy shape, all silk and A lines that came mid-thigh, it had a low cut neckline that just hinted at what she'd only gotten the past year, breasts that just showed beneath the green hem. With her dad was in a hurry she could slip past him with a jacket and he'd never notice.  It flowed off her hips just right. That with the gold necklace and the heels she looked amazing. It'd get his attention for sure. Julia knew he loved green.

Her mate.

He'd told her to keep it quiet when they found out. No. He'd REJECTED her when he found out. Rejected her flat out and made it clear it wasn't going anywhere. Werewolves would feel the bond from puberty, it was just the way hormones went, and most of the time from sixteen onwards it was acceptable to 'date' the mate. Not everyone found their mate this early. Most were in their twenties or thirties. 

Her mate had found her when she was fifteen. It was by accident, just walking down the street, and then they'd hit the scent of each other. Julia had followed his trail and he'd followed hers till they almost bumped into each other. But he was too old for her to date, he was already twenty, and the second he saw how old she was... he rejected her flat out. Not good enough. 

He'd been with friends who had been eagerly waiting to see what it was he was so interested in. No, not friends, sidekicks. When they saw it was Julia, just fifteen, still flat chested and looking younger than she really was, they'd laughed at her and told her to get out of their way. Almost shoved her aside as her mate pretended to be still following the trail. Away from her.

He'd just walked away, glancing back, as they all laughed.  

 Julia had heard that he'd dated others, that he'd had a girlfriend at one point, and she'd tried to 'move on' with life too. She'd had a couple of boyfriends as well but it seemed pointless every time. Empty. Then he'd announced he was engaged. She'd see him tonight. He had no choice, he had to be at this, the entire Pack had to be there.

Now she fully intended on rejecting him in front of the entire Pack.   He may have officially taken a 'mate', though Julia knew it wasn't his real mate, but he would still feel territorial. This was going to be hilarious.