Epilogue

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this story! I really loved giving these characters (especially Uriah and Tris!) a different, better end to their story. The epilogue is coming up right after this note, and I have no plans for a sequel at the moment-- I have too many other ideas I'd like to explore!

Those of you who have commented/reviewed, it means so much to me that you take the time to give me feedback, and it keeps me going. Thank you so much.

I also want to shout out a thank you, again, to FourTris_HEA, my friend and fellow writer, for all her help and encouragement along the way! This story would not be what it is without her input.

I've been working on a couple other stories, as I mentioned in my last author's note:

First-- TODAY I'm posting the first chapter of my new fanfic, which is called Roommates. It's AU, the gang is in college. It will be M rated as I feel like it'll be kind of dark at times.

Second-- I'm so excited about this one! I will be co-writing with my wonderful friend FourTris_HEA

Second-- I'm so excited about this one! I will be co-writing with my wonderful friend FourTris_HEA. We met through through writing Fourtris, and her stories are awesome. We've been developing this idea and will start actually writing soon, so I would expect to have something published here (it will be through her page) in a few weeks. Hint: Fourtris will begin in gray (Abnegation)!

Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy the Epilogue!

___________________________________________

EPILOGUE

Three years later

Tris

Navy Pier is one of my favorite places because of the memories it holds-- important, cherished memories for Tobias and me. That's probably a large part of why, when Uriah asked me to collaborate on a proposal to the council to restore the fairgrounds, I immediately agreed. Uriah brought up the idea almost as soon as we finished our leader-in-training programs, but we took our time and waited almost a year to present it to the council. Dauntless are often taken less seriously than the other factions' leaders simply because we are so young and they consider us "reckless hooligans," so we wanted to develop a bit more of a rapport with the other leaders before suggesting something they might deem so frivolous.

We were ecstatic when they ultimately approved our proposal. Tobias, Uriah and I do have more clout than young Dauntless leaders would in most circumstances due to our roles in preventing a war. The city has also been working toward becoming more unified and appreciating the virtues of other factions more. We all work to promote the ideas of interdependence and balance-- that we are stronger together, that the beliefs of all five factions have merit, and that each of their roles benefits the city as a whole. As a part of that initiative, the Faction Before Blood laws have loosened, making it possible to keep a relationship with family members in other factions, or even sometimes friends. We also are treating the factionless more fairly by allowing the children opportunities to attend school and participate in the choosing ceremony, and exceptions are much more common if a change in faction is necessary, such as an initiate failing initiation.