Mental.

Mum wasn't home at all, for the last few days really. She hasn't called, or even left any food at home.

My blades were hidden safely in my drawer, where no one can reach them. It was a nice summer Saturday morning, and I was getting hungry from starving for the past week.

I always knew my mum had money hidden in her room, so I decided to steal some. I'll probably get beaten but it's worth it. Opening her door, I tip toe to her bed and left the sheets covering the space between the floorboard and bed end.

Taking her little black box, I quickly take a couple 20 bills and put back the box the way it was. Running up to my room, I put on my good pants, -- blue faded skinny jeans my grandma gave to me -- & a green t-shirt. Slipping on my ugly shoes, I brush my tangled brown hair quickly before heading out, walking to the amazing restaurant I always loved and went to when I was little.

Seeing the restaurant sign, I smile. Remember the time I last came here, 9 years to be exact. It was mostly like a diner, and it was called - Dine For A Dime ( A/N; MADE UP DINER.) - everyday, you can buy toast and Vegemite for only 10 cents. It was early in the morning so why not?

The bell rung once I opened the door, indicating there was a new customer. Walking up to the counter where the cashier was, I smiled politely, only to receive a worn out scowl. Well.

The cashier was a teenage, probably 15 or 16. She had forehead wrinkles, probably from scowling a lot and greasy blonde hair. She must work a lot. Her belly was bulging, telling me that she was pregnant. Wow. She had on a white t-shirt that had the name of the diner logo on it, tan shorts and black flipflops. Her hair was up in a ponytail and she had no makeup on.

"Hello, welcome to Dine For A Dime, how may I help you & would you like the 10 cent toast via vegimite?" Her Australian accent ringing rough the diner. This place was deserted except for an old man drinking coffee near the window seats.

"Hi," I waved a little, "Can I have the breakfast dish with hash brown? & yes, I'll like the 2 toasts with vegimite."

She nodded, writing it down on a pad and bringing it the back where I assume the kitchen was.

"Is that it?"

I nodded, "What kind of drink would you like?"

"Umm, can I have a iced lemonade?" She wrote it down on her pad and went behind the counter, getting a clear cup and filling ice in it.

I haven't ate like this in years. Mrs. Irwin never really fed me, well I always refused bc I know mum would know I have eaten and she wouldn't liked that.

Choosing a seat near the front, I got a piece of napkin and just felt it between my fingers. I didn't bring my journal or a pen so once the cashier came back, I asked for one.

She handed me my drink and also a pen. Taking little sips of the lemonade, I open up he napkin and begin to write to Ashton, even though he would never read them.

Waiting for my food, I began to write.

Dear Ashton, today has been a little great. Mum isn't home, she never really is. I'm at the diner - Dine For A Dime - and I just orderd. I know toast and vegimite were always your favorite breakfast, so I got some. Sorry, HAHA can't share any. I only got two. I miss you. But I guess I'm fine here. Hope you do good in your North America tour. You already left I think. Left to go to NZ and London. I hope you're having fun. I'm not here. But I'll survive. Did you have fun in NZ? I over heard in high school how you always wanted to go there. Anyways, I know you're not in Sydney no more. Have fun in London! I'm writing on a piece of napkin so that's why it isn't long. Well, I know you'll never read any of my letters so screw it.

Love you, muah xx.

P.S. I found out all those info from a over sized lady with red hair. She was nice though, but definitely not her 12 year old daughter. She told me to 'fuck off'. I was about to slap the living day lights out of her but I know that I deserve to die, not her. So that's it. Hope you live a fabulous life, I'm sure I won't.

Bye xx.

***

Walking home everyday in high school was always so normal to me. 4 blocks away from my house, cars passed by, etc. the usual kind of stuff that happens when you're walking home or to school. But the thing that seems so normal to me was when I went home and my parents were fighting. Then they'll turn against me.

The strange thing was when none of them were home. At all. Then one day, my father left while my mother was working and never came back. I was about 13 at that time.

Whenever my parents fought, I always thought I would go mental bc of the constant yelling. And I actually think I do. That's when I started knocking on wood. I knock on them, just to imagine that each knock is a surprise. When someone knocks on your door, it's either company or presents. I imagine every knock, I get everything I ever wanted.

One time, mum watched me do it and told me I was going mental. I never believed her but once I started self harming, I knew I just was.

I eventually stopped knocking on wood, but I had so much urges to knock on them. It calmed me down a little, just imagining me getting what I wanted.

Walking home today was interesting. No cars passed, I saw nobody. Nothing at all.

My mum was sure as hell not home at all either. Which didn't surprised me.

Walking into my house, I put the left over change of mum's money and head upstairs. I slid off my jeans and put on some sweatpants. Takings he napkin out of the butt pocket of my jeans, I shove it in my journal and out back where it came from.

I decided to just read a book or something. It was gonna be a long day and I had nothing else to do.

***

Computers were always helpful, until someone sends you a nasty message about you. When I was in high school, I was a nobody. Lower than the Lows. I always used the computers since I didn't have one at home. One day, I decided to get a email and someone had found it. The next day, hundreds of messages from Unknown people had told me that I was mental and needed to go to the insane facility.

Yeah, maybe I was a bit crazy.

.

.

.

.

Or mental.

a/n: OKAAAY, hope you liked this chapter. Sorry for slow updates but longish chapter!

Goal ; 10 Reads for next chapter.

|| lukehemmsfood