Very First Letter

I woke up with a scream from Mother.

"Get your ass up. I need breakfast, go make it." I open my eyes, covering my eyes from the sun I slowly got up.

"Okay, I'll be there in a sec." she crosses her arms and storms out. I could still smell the alcohol she must've drank this morning. I tie my hair up quickly and run downstairs. Hearing the creaks from the old moldy brown stairs, I get down before Mother can get up.

Opening the fridge, I see we have nothing except some old ham and some moldy bread. I crinkle my nose from disgust and look at mother. "We don't have food, I'm gonna need money and your car." I said in a monotone-like voice. She just rolls her eyes and hands me 20 and throw me her keys. I run up quick to get on some decent looking clothes and head out the door.

Now I guess you're wondering how we have no food but she has money, nice clothes and a car? That's bc she works, well actually she sells drugs and gets money. We never have food at home bc she doesn't go buy any and every time shes hungry, she'll call up one of her druggy friends and have fun. She leaves me behind, starving. I just hope I get breakfast. It's been 2 days without it and the only thing I ate was saltine crackers and some tap water. Yeah.

I get in her car and check my face. My face was pale, and sick looking. I sigh, rubbing my hands together. I'll never be pretty like Jasmine or Victoria. Hell, I'll never be pretty in general. I put the key in and drive to the nearest market.

As I'm making my way in with a basket, I bump into a skinny dude with black hair. He had facial hair, ooookay.

"Oh, sorry. You okay?" I looked up to his dark blue eyes, about to nod, he breaks our eye contact and looks up, smiling. Causing me to see his pearly white teeth. "Oh hey babe!" he runs behind me and i turn around, seeing him embracing a beautiful girl in a bear hug.

Instantly, it reminded me of Ashton.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Freshman Year-

A paper ball hit my head and soon after, hundreds of them hit me. I was walking down the high school hallways, with my backpack slouching on my shoulder. A tear slid down my pale cheeks, shutting my eyes shut for a second, I feel a body impact into mine and strong hands on my shoulder. "Oh, sorry. You okay?" I lift my eyes up and are met with a beautiful hazel eyes. I instantly knew it was Ashton, making me feel a little better. I nod slowly and he lets go of me. He parts his mouth open a little about to say something before his eyes lift up and smiles at something behind me. "Oh hey babe!"

He runs behind me while I turn around slowly, already knowing who it is. Jasmine.

She hugs him and lets go, looking at me. Her face shows a sudden change of anger, disgust and a little bit of jealousy? Idk.

" Ew Ashton! Why were you near HER? She's ugly and fat like a little elephant." She snickers after that, a long with everyone except Ashton. I felt a little better that he didn't but then he broke into a grin and giggled. Hurt crossed me face as i headed away from them. Before I turn the corner I hear Ashton say " I bumped into her babe, I don't have any feelings for her, don't worry."

I ran into the bathroom I know nobody goes to. It was far in the back of the school and was by the dirty part of the school. It seem like I spent my whole life in the school bathrooms. Oh right, I have. I run into a stall and cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wipe the tear that spilled and head towards the market doors.

*10 minutes later*

I walk down the veggie isle grabbing a small bag of baby carrots. I walk down the fruit isle, looking for some bananas. Bananas. It seems like everything reminds me of Ashton. My eyes land on some pineapples and I close my eyes, trying to get him out of head. He's not going away, damn.

I picked up the bananas , feeling the smooth skin, reminding me the first time I felt something for Ashton, first time I ate one and the first letter I wrote a letter to Ashton.

------------------------------------------------------

January 9th, 2007

I felt a hand brush past mine before it quickly disappeared. I look up and was met by a pair of hazel eyes. I felt butterflies in my stomach go crazy while my heart starts beating rapidly. He gives me a small smile and nods towards the bananas. I look down and hand it to him. He smiles and takes it, running to his mom.

I ran home that day with the groceries and blob them on the table, while running up to my room. I grab my journal and turn to a fresh page. Grabbing a pen, I began to write my very first letter.

Dear Ashton,

This is my very first letter, um to you i guess. I just wanted to say, um that i like you. I know, its awkward and stuff but today, at the market, i felt something. Something inside of me, saying that you. You make me happy. Haha, i know its super cheesy and shit but still. I known you for a long time but today, i just felt a spark. I know i'll never get to talk to you or meet you or even date you! But is it really that bad to just have a little crush?

Sincerely,

Claire Davidson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing was, it was never really a 'small crush'

A/n : OKAY! Finally this is done. I'm tired affff. but i still have 3 more stories to update, dammit. I started working this at 6 and I'm just now done with this, and its almost nine. >~< anywaaaays, this story is a part of "Beside You" but in a different point of view. Claire doesn't know what goes on with Ashton's and Victoria's life and Ashton and Torie don't know what goes on with Claire's life, buttttttttt, they all connect. Also! i wont take any comments at the end that say that this story end sucked, just to let you know. Read the title. Then think before you say.

Okaaay bye!

Next Update: January 12, Sunday.