Living In Hell

As I'm playing with Harry, I think of my mother.

The woman I called 'mum' for so long. I have to go home. I can't believe I did that to her, well she deserved it and all but still.

I turn on the TV in Harry's room and look at the clock, sitting on the nightstand.

6:34 pm

I tuck Harry in, kissing his head a little before telling him I'm going.

"Bye HarBear" I give him a small smile before shutting off the TV and opening the door.

"Please don't get hurt Claire, I see those bruises. Please come back."

Tears threaten to spill once he says those words.

"You're special to me and mummy. You mean the world to us, please don't let your mum hurt you like that."

I close the door tightly, letting the tears flow down my cheek. Is what he saying even true? I love Harry as my little brother, he's like the brother I never had.

Walking down, I hear laughter from Torie and Michael. I got nothing to say about that.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go. See you guys later" I waved a little before walking out of the house. Crossing my arms, I see there's still light out. Oh well, I guess I'll just walk home now.

5 blocks and about 3 weird stares from old men, I see my old house. I walk slowly, just to save time, hoping my mum is drunk and asleep or probably out having sex with strangers again.

I sigh, knowing what my mum does doesn't surprise me anymore.

I walk on the porch, hearing the floorboard creak. Damn this old house. Luckily, if she's even home, she didn't hear anything. I place my hand on the knob, ready to turn it until there's a pull and my mum in full view.

Her hair is ---damn, messed up. Her eyes are bloodshot red, she must've been smoking some pot or something, and her clothes reek of smoke and alcohol.

When she spoke, she sounded like the devil itself.

"You bitch, did those people did not want some whore in their house?" She said, while pulling me in. She locks the door, yep, I'm gonna be dead in less than 24 hours.

She grabs a broom and comes toward me, just standing a few feet away from me.

"Where did you go?" She said calmly.

"To Mrs. Irwin's house." I said, stuttering as well.

She looked pissed, then cackled. Well.

"Did you tell her anything??!"

I shook my head no and looked anywhere else but her.

She cackled again, taking a swing of the vodka she picked up. She chugged it down fast, choking after.

She throws the empty vodka bottle down on the floor and light up a cigarette.

"Well whore,--"

"Um, Claire."

"What?"

"My names' Claire mum."

She rolls her eyes and puts down the broom.

"Well CLAIRE, did they not want a whore-bag in their house again?"

I felt the tears spilling. I nodded slowly, only to satisfy her.

She laughs loudly and comes toward me, she slaps me. Hard, across the face.

I let out a little cry. She cackles and says "What? Did you not think I'll let you get off the hook for what you called me today?" She grabs my hair and throws me against the wall.