Prologue

“Just keep running,” I huffed to myself. Just keep running..

          My lungs were screaming for me to stop and to take at least one simple breath, my legs protested to not want to move another step. My whole body was getting weak and giving up, but I had to keep going or they would catch me. They were hot on my heels, getting closer by the second. I kept pushing forward, hoping some miracle would happen and they would just give up, stop, and leave. But I knew that wouldn’t happen, I wasn’t foolish enough to believe that. After all, we were in the middle of our gangs battle, which meant they wouldn’t give up that easily. I stopped running and stood in horror, I had reached a dead end. I looked around franticly trying to find and escape. There was absolutely nothing, no way to get over this wall. Fear seeped straight to my bones as I heard their loud foot steps come to a stop, and heard them chuckling.

“Angel, over here!” I heard a familiar voice scream out. My head whipped around to see Kevin, my older brother, on one of those metal stair cases on the buildings side. 

“Kevin!” I gasped out, clearly still out of breath. He leaped down, and landed beside me in a crouch position, making a low thud sound. He stood up beside me, and smirked. 

“Ahh, you got yourself in a bind eh?” He chuckled, I returned his chuckle with a glared.

“Its not my fault, you and Sid were suppose to be dealing with those three idiots!” I snapped, pointing the gun that was in my right hand at the three other gang guys. 

“You better watch who your calling an idiot, especially when you’re the one whose trapped.” A deep voice boomed from one of the guys. I raised my gun up at them and reverted my glare at them,

“I may be trapped, but I can still kill you easily.” I was getting sick of bullshitting around with these guys, I brought my hand up, ready to pull the trigger but my hand was immediately shoved downwards. I quickly snapped my head towards Kevin, 

“What the hell are you doing?” I shouted. 

“I wont allow you to kill them!” He shouted back through gritted teeth.

“Why the hell not? Do you have a death wish or something that I should know about!?”  I glared at him, having him return the same glare right back. I had to admit, he stood his ground pretty well cause I could tell he wasn’t backing down.  

“I just don’t want you to get involved in this so seriously, your still far to innocent, and I want to keep it that way.” He said, as his eyes soften some. I stared at him for a moment and then replied,

“Then what the hell do you want to do?”  He just stared at me as if it was the most obvious thing. He finally replied, 

“Nothing,” My eyes widened as I stared at him in shock. 

“N-nothing?”I chocked out. What was the matter with him? He has never acted like this before, especially in the middle of a gang fight. 

“What the hell is the matter with you Kevin? Were going to get killed if we do nothing! Now is not the time to fuck around and play games!” I yelled out, my eyes not leaving his. 

“ I know its not! Im not playing games, I'm being serious! I rather die than watch you, my dear little sister, murder other people. Other human beings! Is that so wrong for me to not want to see?” I now stared at him in shock. What was he going on about? Last time I checked he has killed several people, and he is telling me I can’t? Him and Sid, along with Cam, get into fights. They all have killed people. But then its suddenly a sin if I try to when its a life or death matter?