65%

Hailey's POV

I smiled to myself as I threw some things in my backpack, prepping it for my hike with Harry, as I thought about the night before when he'd come for dinner. It was refreshing to have a new person around who wasn't from Lily Ridge, especially someone who seemed to be so unaware of the way we did things. We'd done our best to explain the game of hockey to him, and he seemed to enjoy it as we watched the Canucks force game seven in double over time. He'd just laughed and shook his head at us as we all jumped around the living room cheering and hugging each other, thankful they had so far prolonged the heart break.

Cash had fallen asleep in his lap, and it warmed my heart to see how comfortable he was with Harry since he barely knew him. There was something about him though, whatever that thing is people talk about, Harry had it. He was an old soul, very relaxed and calming and you just felt comfortable around him. I suppose you could call it charisma, but there seemed to be so much more to him than his natural charm and ability to put people at ease.

He seemed much more mature than the other guys I knew my age, and I got the distinct impression that he'd grown up quite quickly and worked incredibly hard at whatever it was he did. He'd said at dinner he was a musician, but that could mean a lot of things. It made sense though that he would do something artistic, he just seemed to have that deepness that lended itself to some sort of creative career.

I finished packing up my bag, making sure I had enough stuff for both of us since I didn't know how experienced he was at hiking, before I double checked my camera and grabbed my keys, heading off to his place. I crossed the yard that connected our properties, taking a good look at the sky to try to gauge the weather, until I reached the front door of his place. I knocked softly and heard footsteps a few seconds later before he opened the door, that warm smile crossing his face as he saw me.

"Good Morning." He smiled, the dimple in his cheek appearing as he spoke.

"Same to you." I smiled. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, come on in I just have to throw my shoes on." He said as he stepped aside so I could come in.

I'd only been in the place once or twice, it belonged to an older man who was about my grandparents age. He had passed away about a year earlier and his kids lived in Vancouver so they tried to rent it out whenever they could rather than selling. I'd never actually heard of anyone renting it other than Harry, but it looked like they'd refurnished it and it was really nice inside.

"I wasn't sure where we were going so I didn't really know what to pack..." Harry said hesitantly as he pulled on his shoes.

"That's okay, I've got everything in my bag. You need a jacket though, it can get cold up there." I said as he finished tying his shoe and stood up.

"Alright, I'll grab one. If I don't need anything I'll leave my bag here and just carry yours then." He smiled as he sprinted up the stairs before I could say anything.

He returned a few seconds later with a jacket in his hands, smiling at me as he motioned towards the door that he was ready to leave. We headed out the front door, Harry locking it behind us before he shoved the key back in his pocket and we walked back towards my place to the car.

"So, where we goin?" He asked as he put on his seat belt and I started up my car.

"Well I wasn't sure how experienced you are as a hiker, but you seem to be in pretty good shape so I figured I'd take you up to Cedar Peak and see how you do." I smiled.

"Sounds good. What's up there?"

"There's a lot of trails and stuff, but that's not where you find the good stuff. You'll see." I smirked as I reached over and turned on the radio.