Chapter 13

It has been about 9 hours since Justin said those words to Jen. As usual, she pushed him away, using the excuse of work to avoid him all day. It's currently about 3am, Jen's arms were aching from all the signing and all the waving, her back was hurting because of all the standing, and of course, she still felt a little of her anxiety deep inside.

Knowing Justin was just in the room a few levels down doesn't make it easier for her to fall asleep, she sat there on her bed, looking like the world's most tired person, feeling the worst about herself as she does some reflecting about how she treated Justin the past few weeks. She eyed the walls of the room and then the door- the front door where they had their first -almost- kiss. The trip from the ballroom was not just filled with passion, it was filled with excitement, and a hint of thrill.

Passion because of the tension- I would say sexual- on the walk back. Excitement because she didn't know what to expect, and the thrill because what if she gets caught by the paparazzi. Her eyes went from the front door to her luggage, and then to the hotel phone.

Fuck it.

She picked up the phone, and dialed a number she has never dialed before.

"Hello?"

"You're still awake?"

"Jen?" His voice lit.

"Hi." Her voice lit too.

"Hi, wait."

Justin slipped away to the bathroom, with the hotel phone in his hands to avoid waking Heidi up. (it's a portable phone okay since it's a 378274939 star hotel)

"What are you doing up?"

"Couldn't sleep."

"Really? Me too."

Somehow, he could hear her smile over the phone. There was a little sigh, and the phone went silent- the familiar silence, once again.

...

"Jen, still there?"

"Wha- yeah."

"We need to talk."

"We really do."

"All i'm asking for is one more chance, please?"

...

"Hey, don't ignore me."

"What, no."

"No what?"

"No. I'm not ignoring you."

"Can i come over?"

"Um, no?"

"Okay. I'm coming over."

"What!? it's 3:30am, that's just wrong. What if someone sees you?"

"We're just talking anyway."

"Uhh."

"Besides, what we do in that room stays in that room. See you soon."

And he hung up, with a smile that he lost after things ended with Jen.