Chapter 10

Jennifer strutted along down the pavement, hoping Justin will honk or something to make her notice him. Instead, he drove past her and turned into this little road he knew she'd walk to.

Once they made eye contact, she immediately turned around and walked away. A whole speech about love and trust was prepared for Justin but she just couldn't say it.

"Jennifer Joanna, listen to me, please, I beg of you."

She stopped walking, with her back facing Justin, she stood there listening to him.

"You ran away first. When things get rough, you run. I know it's my fault that I'm still with Heidi, I know it's my fault because i didn't tell you but how was i supposed to tell you i was already dating someone?! I went after you, I made a move on you, I was the one there for you when you were crying, I was the one who fell for you first, but i am not sorry for making myself known in your life."

Every word Justin said stinged her. It's all true, he went after her, and she ran away. She never learned how to cry with style although she was an actress, having Justin with her while she had tears staining mascara on her cheeks was a sign of him being true to his word about wanting her in his life. She was scared, all she could think about the night she found out about Heidi was Brad, little fragments of her memories with Brad started coming back; how he became less and less interested in her, how he stopped having patience with her, she just couldn't let someone else hurt like this. Slowly, pearl-shaped tears started rolling down her cheeks from her pretty little eyes, she turned around and stared at Justin with a momentary flare of anger.

"So it's my fault for walking away now? You're the one who had two women on your side, you could've told me, Justi-"

"We could've got through that! We could've spent more days together if you didn't run away, but you did, you ran away, Jen, you ran away and you can't blame me if you didn't even try."

There was an awkward silence surrounding the both of them, but it was good-awkward. They were familiar, Jen misses this.

"I miss you, Jen, I really do."

Eye to eye, they looked at each other, trying to read each other's emotions- Justin had a longing look in his eyes, and a hint of guilt. Jen had a look of a little girl whose father just threw her doll away, she was damaged.

Turning around, she walked away, again.

He has to let me go, and I, him.