Chapter Seven

I walked inside the house and saw my mom and dad scrambling to get things ready in the remainder of the time we have left.

"Thanks Honey" my mom said grabbing the chicken then giving it to my dad and he went outside to barbaque terriaki chicken.

"Remember it's only us Jack his mom and his twin sister" I said since Jacks parents are divorced. But Jack had a twin sister who was actually a good friend of Lucys and I. But we were better friends with Jack.

"We know sweetie" my mom said while making a salad.

"What do I need to do?"

"Ummmm. Go get dressed" she said scanning my outfit of shorts and a t-shirt that said 'stay cool' on it.

"To what? A dress?" I asked

"If you want to. Just something a little more formal"

"Fine" I sighed and went up to my room. I opened my closet. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a midnight blue blouse that wasn't that fancy but formal enough. I put the clothes on and went downstairs.

"Perfect!" my mom said and went upstairs to change into her 'formal' clothes. I sat on the couch and sighed ready for a big argument yet to come. I looked at the clock. They were going to be here soon. Jack's mom likes to be on time. Right in cue the doorbell rang.

"Sammie can you get that?" my mom called from upstairs.

"Yes mother" I said with a inch of STARcasm in my voice.

"Thanks!" I walked to the door and slowly pulled it open pasting a fake smile on my face.

"Hi!" I said to them.

"Hello!" Jacks mom said. I always went to Jacks houses so I knew his mom and sister pretty well.

"Hey Ally" I said using the nickname we made up for Jacks twin Alyssa.

"Hi Sammie" she said cheerfully. I completely ignored that Jack was there it was actually pretty amazing.

"Let's go upstairs" I said and Ally followed me upstairs.

"Go Jack!" his mom told him. He sighed and walked slowly upstairs to my room.

"Ummmmmmm" it was really awkward. We sat In my room in silence.

"Sooooo how's life?" asked Ally

"It's fine" I muttered because it was the opposite of fine. We were supposed to BR mad at Jack and Laurie and Lucy were in San Francisco.

"No it's not fine" Jack practically shouted.

"Yes. It. Is" I clenched my teeth not wanting to bring our problems to Ally.

"You've been ignoring me for I don't know how long, for missing a party?!!! You've missed plenty of my parties!!!!" he shouted on a rant.

"Ummmmm, I'm going to go to the bathroom." Ally said inching her way out. She had a guilty look on her face. How was she supposed to know that a simple question was going to turn our day into a mess?

"All I did was go to the movies with Amy! I was going to come to your party later because I already had plans with Amy to go to the movies but we made it so we could be able to go to the party after!!!" he ranted.

"The party was for you and Amy you idiot" I shouted back interrupting his rant.

"Whh-aaaa?" he said with a confused look on his face.

"It was for you. We were being good friends and planned a party for you and Amy because you guys were all buddy buddy" I told him

"We are NOT all buddy buddy" he said but he was calming down.

"Yes you are" I teased him a smile forming on his face.

"Are not"

"Are too"

"Not"

"Too"

"Whatever it doesn't matter if we are buddy buddy or not" Jack sighed.

"Okay" I smiled.

"I'm sorry. I was being a jerk. You guys organized a party for me and I totally ignored it. I'm sorry. Do you forgive me?"

"Yes! Jack come on let's go swimming in our pool!" I said and we raced downstairs. We changed into our swimming suits and jumped in the water.

"Marco" I shouted once we both got used to the water.

"Polo" I heard him splashing around because we were the only people in the pool.

"Marco" I said again as I heard frantic splashing and water splashing on me so I raced in front of me and collided with Jack.

"Nooooo!!! You got me!" he cried and I laughed.

"Dinner!!" my mom cried from outside our indoor pool.

"Coming" we cried back and got out of the pool and quickly dried ourselves up. Then we made our way outside where the table was set up and Jack's mom was talking to my mom and Ally was on her phone.

"Yum smells delicious!" Jack and I sat down at the table.

"And is delicious as well" Jack's mom said while we dug into the meal.

"Thank you" my dad said smiling.

"So why haven't you seen Jack in a long time?" my mom asked me.

"Uhhhh, well he has just been busy" I said.

"Yeah, I Uhh, been talking to one of my friends from school" he stuttered out.

"Uh huh" I said and my mom smiled

"Well that's nice" she said and Jack nodded awkwardly.

After we finished our meal Jack, Ally and their mom had to go home.

"Bye! I had a fun time" Jack said as he got in the car

"Thank you" Jacks mom said and they pulled out of the driveway and left.

"Well that was fun" I said and went to my room to get ready for bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I haven't updated in so long. So I just rushed through this chapter. I hope you liked it. Please Vote/Comment