Chapter Five

I turned back and saw Jack looking down at his feet.

"Lucy, let's just see what he's going to say." I told her.

"Fine" she sighed and we walked back to Jack. He looked up surprised that we came back to him.

"Why are you coming back?" asked Jack.

"We came back so you can explain why you ditched the party that was actually supposed to be for you for going to a movie with Amy." Lucy said we could see that Amy was uncomfortable but we just kept on talking.

"You said you were coming" I added in Laurie just stood there too. I could tell she didn't want to get into this.

"I know I know but it's just Amy asked me if I could go to a movie and I totally forgot about the party and I just said Sure and then we went to the movies" Jack said looking down at his feet again.

"Okay but you have never ever missed a party without telling us" Lucy said.

"I'm sorry I forgot my phone at home and I just forgot" Jack said

"Mmmhhhh." I said

"I did Sam" Jack said.

"Fine" I said suddenly angry with him.

"Let's go, he obviously doesn't want to come to the party" I said before Lucy could say anything. I grabbed Lauries hand and we stomped away for real this time.

"Why does this always happen to me?" We heard Jack say to Amy.

"I have no idea." said Amy which was thefirst thing that she said in five minutes.

"Wow. He ditched us for Amy" Lucy said for the fourth time.

"Guys calm down, don't you think that you guys were a little harsh on him?" asked Laurie.

"Nope"

"Not at all" I said and we started to walk to the party.

"Well, get back into party mode because we're going to grill some sausages and hamburgers and of course hot dogs" Laurie said trying to cheer us up.

"Yeah sure"

"Okay" I said. Lucy and I were obviously not in a party mode when a little kid accidently brushed Lucy snapped at the boy.

"I'm thirsty" I said and we went to the drink cooler.

"Thanks for throwing thus party guys! It's super fun!" said one of our classmates. We nodded and kept walking toward the drink cooler.

"I don't believe him" Lucy said again.

"Hey guys. My mom won free passes to go to San Francisco, California. You two want to go?" asked Laurie this time having success on cheering us up.

"Really!"

"Cool, are just gotta ask my mom. When, what time and how long?" I asked her.

"Next week at 12:00, it takes eight hours to get to SF and for a week" Laurie said.

"Great I'll ask" I said.

"Me too" Lucy said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

Thanks for reading voting and commenting! Sorry for the short chapters.