Chapter Four

After I finished packing up th sandwiches, I went upstairs got my phone and flopped on the bed. I started sending out all the text message invitations.

Sammy-Hi Jack party at the beach near Lucys house. Bring Amy and food.

Jack-Okay. Time?

Sammy-Oh yeah sorry. 11:00-6:00

Jack-Got it

I checked Jack off the list ten more to go.

I sent one to Aaron.

Sammy-Hi Aaron, there's a party at the beach near Lucys house. 11:00-6:00. Can you come?

Aaron-Ya. See you there

Sammy- Bring food!

After I finished sending the messages I told Lucy how many people were coming.

Sammy- I got eight out of ten people coming

Lucy- Who?

Sammy- Jack, Amy, Aaron, Nate, Caitlyn, John, Kayla and Lily

Lucy- Okay. See you tomorrow!

I put my phone on my nightstand and got ready for bed.

~

The next morning I grabbed my sandwiches and walked to Lucys house. We were going to walk to the beach together and meet everyone there.

"Hi Lucy!" I walked into the house and walked to her room, where she was just packing her bag.

"Hey Sammy! Should I bring my surfboard?" she asked me.

"If you want to"

"Nah, Why would I bring my surfboard?"

"I don't know" I said sighing

"Me neither"

"Come on Lucy! Hurry up!!!"

"Okay okay" she grabbed her bag slipped on flip flops and walked out the door. I followed her.

"Do you think this is going to work?" asked Lucy

"I don't know it depends if he comes." I said as we arrived at the beach. We looked around for Jack and Amy.

"Where is he!!??"

"This party is supposed to be for him!" I said. I saw Laurie running over to us.

"Did you see Jack come in?" she asked us

"No. He's not here!" Lucy yelled

"Lucy. Please my ears will only last two more years if you keep doing that" I said smiling.

"Sorry I can't help it." she said giggling.

"Guys back to the problem" Laurie said trying not to giggle.

"Okay" I took a deep breath and put a straight face on. Lucy looked at me and started laughing even harder. Then I started laughing and pretty soon Laurie, Lucy and I were laughing so hard that if we were drinking milk it would come out of our noses. The funniest thing that we kept going back to and laughing at was that we had no idea what we were laughing at. When we finally stopped laughing we went to search for Jack.

"Have you seen Jack?" we asked everyone but they all said "No"

"Where could he be? He said he was coming right" asked Lucy.

"Yes, I'll ask him if he's coming" I said pulling out my phone.

Sammy-Jack are you coming?

I waited for about five minutes and still didn't get an answer.

"Oh well. Let's just continue with the activities" Laurie said grabbing a volleyball.

"Okay let's play!" Lucy said.

Volleyball was sort of like our highschool sport. Everyone knew how to play and everyone was good. Our highschool was ranked top in the district for fifteen years in a row. The ball was always in the air. Almost nobody fumbled it. The only way the other team would get a point is if it was out.

After we finished playing volleyball I looked at my watch.

"It's 2:00! What do you guys want to do?" I asked Laurie and Lucy.

"Let's get ice creams" Laurie said eyeing the ice cream store.

"Sound good to me" Lucy said.

"Me too" I replied and we walked to the ice cream store.

"I would like a double fudge chocolate in a cup please" Lucy said to the server.

"I would like a raspberry sorbet it a cup please" Laurie said.

"And I would like a butterscotch delight in a cup" I said. Laurie shot me a look.

"Um please" I quickly added. The server gave us our ice creams and we sat down at a table near the window.

"Mmmmm. This is good!" Lucy said as she scooped ice cream in her mouth.

"Yeah" I said my eyes focused on the movie theaters. I saw a boy and a girl walking out hand in hand and the boy looked exactly like Jack.

"Hey Lucy, is that Jack?" I asked her pointing at the boy.

"I think so" she said squinting her eyes.

"Let's go check" Laurie said grabbing her ice cream and getting up from her seat.

"Okay" Lucy and I said together. We got up and walked in the boys direction. As I got closer I could see that it definitly was Jack.

"Jack?" Lucy said. Jack turned around and blushed to see us there.

"Jack? You ditched us to watch a movie with Amy!" I said noticing Amy standing there.

"Jack! The party was for you!" Lucy shouted and we stomped away only going back to pull Laurie with us.

**********************

Authors note:

Thanks for reading my story!

Vote/Comment