Story Time

"Well, I never pegged you two as the cheating types." Danny spoke leaning against the table looking from me to Ben with that disgusting smirk spread across his face.

I wiped my mouth off with the back of my palm trying to rid evidence of the kiss, not daring to even take a peek in Ben's direction.

"It's not what it looks like." Ben spoke, leaving me no choice but to look at the culprit. He was in a jumbled state. Can't say I don't feel the same way seeing as Danny could tell Halley about what he had witnessed... I don't even want to think about it. I have to push the guilt away and figure out how I'm going to fix this.

"Oh really? Then tell me what exactly that was." Danny was being a tease and I knew it. I needed to figure out what it would take to make him keep his mouth shut.

"What do you want, Danny?" I was irritated beyond compare and it was a sick mix of indignation towards Danny because he had caught us and myself for the fact it happened at all. I focused back on Danny too scared to let the guilt creep in.

"Nothing from him," He answered pointing to Ben. Ben and I gave him questioning looks wondering what he meant by that. "Meaning you can go." He finished glaring at Ben who, without a hesitation, bolted out of the booth.

Watching him hightail it out of the shop made me reminisce on how just minutes ago his mouth was on mine. Compared to the drunken peck we had last semester, there's no denying that this kiss made me feel something. Of course guilt is clawing its way through but I also can't scratch that there was something there when he kissed me. The prominent feeling I got in the lower part of my abdomen while he explored my mouth.

"So, what now? Or are you just going to keep following me like a creep?" I ask, bringing up how he bumped into me earlier.

"That sexy redhead friend of yours really with that idiot."

Even if it was intended to be question I just rolled my eyes.

"I really don't care but shit... just didn't see it coming and with you of all people." He settled into the spot in front of me with his big hands splayed over the table. He looked down at Ben's melting yogurt. "You going to eat this?" I just shook my head.

"What do I have to do for you to keep what you saw between us?" I sighed, knowing there would be a price to pay. Maybe I can just get away with going on that date he wanted me to go on.

"Be my girlfriend."

I almost gagged on the spoon full of yogurt I just put in my mouth. "What?"

"You heard me." He was casual and leaned back into the booth cushion, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Why?" I feel like I'm going to have a meltdown from everything thats happened today.

"Don't worry about it." He responses calmly, as if he's just asking me to borrow my notes or catch a ride, you know... simple things.

"No. Fuck no. No way am I doing that." I tried shutting down the proposal even though I know he has something way worse hanging over my head.

"Oh, you thought I was asking you? Cute but no sweetheart, I'm letting you know that I will pick you up tomorrow morning and take you to your eight a.m and we will leave campus as a couple until I make the decision that we should break up. If you refuse or so much as say no when I say yes I'll tell everyone about your little session with the dick who didn't have enough sense to take you somewhere private to have sex."

"Don't be dramatic. I wouldn't have went there." I try not to focus too much on him implying Ben and I were going to anything beyond the little harmless kiss we shared. Kind of harmless.