Hot Stuff

"You okay now?" Ben asked as he pulled away from our embrace. I just gave him a curt nod and tugged some hair behind my ear, feeling embarrassed. I had just had an argument with his brother about him and I wouldn't be surprised if he overheard. Let's also not mention this would be the second time Ben's been caught in between our arguments in one day.

I wiped another tear from my eye before making eye contact with him again. "Uh, thanks for - you know..."

"No problem. Halley was going to come and check on you guys but I know how Jared is." I nod, trying to avoid eye contact with him. "He is pretty steamed... Want to talk about it?" Ben staring at me with that adorable concerned look in his eyes was going to do me in but if he hadn't heard the argument I, for sure, wasn't going to be the one to tell him.

"He said some hurtful things and it got under my skin." I shrugged it off, hoping he'd believe my 'I don't give a shit' attitude.

He nodded before shooting me a lopsided grin. "What about I beat you at some arcade games to get your mind off it? You're still down for YoGos, right?"

"Wouldn't miss it." I assured him.

He nodded, approving my answer. "Also, just don't let what Jared said get in your head. I think it's cool you like me." He sent a wink in my direction before walking off- as if his last words were nothing.

So he did heard us and now he knows I like him... This should be a good thing but for some reason I feel so conflicted? I should be jumping up and down knowing he's making it easy and not running around telling everyone about my big fat crush on him- or worse telling me to back off.

As I turned to go towards the exit, I'm hit with a muscular chest. I slowly moved my eyes up to see the face of the wall blocking my way.

"Nice bumping into you here." I rolled my eyes at the lame line Danny Rivera tried shooting my way.

Introducing Danny... The laid back, badass. He was about 6'1 and really hot but he is too much of a flirt for my liking. He only wants sex from any girl he makes eye contact with and after he gets it he ghosts them, as if he had never seen them a day in his life. The crazy thing about it all is that even though they know how he will treat them, girls still flock to him.

In a way he's the worst version of Jared because of the fact Jared could actually be nice at times. Danny had Jack Ass written all over him and he loved it.

"What Danny." I replied moving my weight to my other foot. He was really cute, like model material. He always wore the same combination; dark jeans, converse, and a muscle fitting shirt under a black leather jacket, which completed his whole bad boy reputation.

"You have always been sexier than all the other girls in this stupid ass town, you know that right?"

"How comforting. I thought I was just the last box that needed to be checked off your hit list." I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled, showing that my words didn't faze him any and moved closer, putting his hand on my arm. "Go out with me tonight."

Before I could give him the easiest 'hell no' I've ever given in my life, Jared's body is in between us, blocking Danny from my view.

"Fuck off, Rivera." His familiar voice hissed, his tone reminding me of the fight we just had.

"I don't think your name came up in the conversation you just interrupted." Danny replied not stepping down, his charm fading away and his boldness coming back within the blink of an eye. I moved from behind the annoying nuisance until I was in front of him and between him and Danny making sure no one could record the fight that would come if there wasn't distance put between these two idiots.