YoGo Yogurt

I slammed my rusty car door with needed strength before walking inside the yogurt shop. It is a laid back place with its two main sections: a dining space and an arcade area. The retro decor blended with the neon lights around the arcade area only added to the appeal. Most people order their yogurt and go in the arcade near the jukebox or around the pool table. Being on dates is where the dining area came in handy.

Typically, I would only be caught in YoGo's if Jared or Halley were with me. The three of us would start out in the dining area but after scarfing down four pounds of yogurt we would find ourselves having dance contest near the jukebox. I smile at the memory.

"Kate! Over Here!" I heard as I was making my way past the dining section and scanned around to see Ben waving me down to a booth next to a huge window.

Instinctively fixing my hair, I walk over to him and notice there was no one else at the booth. "Where is Halley?"

"Ah, she had to ditch, her mom called. I have strict orders to cheer you up." Ben smiled up at me as I stood in front of the booth. I feel a little uneasy about sitting down.

"I'm really fine, I swear. I'd hate to take up your night- This is... I'm so embarrassed." The absolute last thing I want is for him to pity me.

"Don't be. With all the work due this week I need this too. How's about a little air hockey? Could take our mind off things." I slowly nod, still not fully convinced he doesn't think I'm a loser. "Good. Just try not to get lost in my eyes, yeah?"

Ben doesn't miss a beat as he gets up, walks away from my now frozen body, and into the arcade room. He was totally going to hold this over my head. I'm going to have to make sure I clear the air so he doesn't think I'm just fawning over him because of my "crush." On the other hand, it is interesting that he hasn't asked about it yet. He's almost treating it like an inside joke or something he can taunt me with. I think I can work with that if it stays in the playful territory.

When I finally got to the air hockey table he gave me a confident grin before sliding the puck to my end and with one tranquil movement I rammed it back to his side and into the goal. I shoot him a smirk of my own as the lights lit up letting me know I have a point.

"Competitive streak coming out?" Ben raises his brows, amusement covering his face. "That was just a lucky first shot."

I chuckled as he shoved the puck, making an easy goal because I wasn't paying attention.

"I warned you about the eyes." He motions his pointer and index fingers between his eyes to mine across the way.

"Oh, it's on." Was my last statement before we were in our own competition showdown, making goals back and forth, both determined to beat the other at the seemingly endless game.

When we finally decided no one would win at that game we hopped over to the pool table where he won with ease because I can admit when I suck - and I suck at pool.

We jumped over to the motorcycle racing game next. They weren't real motorcycles, of course. Just the game version where they're bolted in place but sway side to side as you race so you have the real effect while zooming around a fake metropolis on an arcade screen. I won that game.

Since there's a tie we play one more game and decide the winner of the final game buys yogurt. How could I say no to free yogurt- especially YoGo yogurt. The game that he selected was Fruit Ninja. I didn't really care what he chose at this point because the only thing running through my mind was, win for the yogurt!

We walked over to the touch screen T.V where the game was played.

"You ready to lose?" I questioned him, positioning my hand in midair indicating I was ready to start slicing some game fruit.