Part 36

Chapter 36

As Charlie’s tears died down, Ally’s only increased.  Charlie looked over at the woman and wished she hadn’t been the one to cause his death.  If she had pulled the trigger earlier, if she would have killed Marcus when she wanted to, none of this would have happened.  No one would be dead. 

Zeke pulled away from her and glanced down with a sad expression on his face.  “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” she said honestly.  She hated what she had to do, but she knew it was for the best.  His death needed to happen.  If not, the balance would be off, things that were not meant to happen would happen.  “Go to her,” Charlie mumbled as she produced the key from her pocket and unbound their wrists.  “She needs you.”  He glanced towards Ally before turning back to Charlie.  She could tell that the man wanted to go to Ally, wanted to comfort her.  Pushing him further away, she sent him a small smile.  “I’m fine; I promise.”

“Are you sure?”

The hesitation in his voice let her know that she looked about as bad as she felt.  Shrugging, she admitted, “I need some time.”

Nodding, he walked away from her.  Charlie watched him move towards Ally with such sure motions that Charlie knew everything would be okay.  He bent down next to her, touching her shoulder.  Ally jerked away from him before glaring over her shoulder. 

“Ally,” Zeke said in a hard tone, “it’s me.”

“I don’t care,” Ally whispered back.  “I don’t care.”

He reached out towards her again, but she stood and moved away from him.  Glancing down at the blood on her hands, she closed her eyes.  “I have to tell Amaya.” Sebastian took a step in her direction.  Her eyes snapped opened and green flashed at them.  “Don’t touch me.”

Sebastian raised his hands in surrender.  “Fine.  For now, I’ll leave you alone, but Alex, you’re not doing this to yourself.  Do you understand me?  It was not your fault.”

“Not my fault!” she yelled, taking a step towards Sebastian.  She held her hands out, showing Blake’s blood coating them.  “Tell me how it is not my fault.  His blood is on my hands, Seb, and there were so many things I could have done to stop it.”

“There was nothing you could do,” Sebastian told her in an even tone.  He moved closer to her, but this time, Ally stood her ground.  “Nothing, Alex.  No matter what, this was what was meant for him.”

“His destiny, right?” she asked in a harsh tone that made Charlie wince.  If the woman was this mad at herself, she hated to see what Ally would feel towards her.  “It was my destiny, Seb.  I saw this.  He wasn’t meant to die; it was me.”

The quiet tone she used, the way her eyes dimmed to normal, it made Charlie wish for the other Alexandria, the one who screamed in anger.  Instead, the Queen looked warn out, as if she had a part of her ripped from her body.  Ally’s head snapped towards Charlie, giving her a cruel smile. 

“It feels exactly like that,” Ally whispered.  “It feels like someone ripped out a part of me.”  She paused for a minute, before walking towards Charlie.  Zeke immediately stepped in front of her, but when Ally flicked her wrist in his direction, Zeke flew into the air.  “Thanks, Adam,” she mumbled as she continued towards Charlie.

Charlie held her breath, waiting for Ally to yell at her, to threaten her, but when she stood in front of her, Ally simply let emotion show on her face.  There was sadness, anger, devastation, but nowhere did Charlie see the hate she expected.

“I’m sorry,” Charlie whispered.

Ally’s hand darted out, and Charlie waited for the blow.  When arms wrapped around her in a hug, she froze in shock.  “It’s not your fault,” Ally whispered in her ear.  “Okay?  What happened today is not your fault.”  Pulling back, Ally waited for Charlie to open her eyes before continuing.  “Don’t let what happened change who you are, and do not let it come between you and Zeke.  What the two of you have is too important to throw away, no matter how I’m acting at the moment.”  A small smile flew on to Ally’s face before disappearing.  “Do me a favor though?”