Part 31

Chapter 31

The fact that the drive led them to a private jet didn’t phase Zeke one bit.  He knew how much money Sara had, the woman’s family was famous.  Not only that, with the jobs she did, she was most likely holding more money on her than Zeke had in his safe.  He knew how the life was, knew that it paid so well that it was hard to give up, but Zeke was happy without the money.  He was happy without all the stress it would bring you.

“How long is the flight?” he asked, sending a look in Charlie’s direction.  “I wasn’t awake for most of it last time.”

Sara let out a laugh, making Zeke frown at her.  What did the woman find so funny?  “She pulled one over on you Zeke?  Anyway, we’ll be there in about thirty minutes, maybe less.”

“I didn’t pull one over on him,” Charlie defended from beside him.  “It was his mom.”

“Carrie?” Sara asked with an even louder laugh.  “Ah, that woman is hilarious.”

Zeke could feel his body ready for an attack.  “How do you know my mom?”

Sara froze too, but Zeke didn’t know if it was because she could sense his unease or if she realized she had slipped up.  “I’ve talked to her,” she said, before crossing her arms under her chest.

Narrowing his eyes, Zeke growled under his breath.  He recognized that stance; it meant that no matter what he said or did, Sara wasn’t going to say another word.  Still, it would be very unlike him not to try.  “Tell me, or I’ll rip it from your head.”

Charlie smacked him on the arm with a frown.  “Do you have to be so violent?  She’s most likely caught up in this mess just like everyone else is.  Plus, can you tell me that you don’t have secrets?”  He opened his mouth to protest before snapping it closed.  A smile formed on Charlie’s face.  “That’s what I thought.”

“Fasten your seatbelts, the plane will be landing very soon,” a female voice purred over the intercom.

Zeke raised an eyebrow at Sara, who just shrugged.  “Family,” she answered while snapping her seatbelt. 

A small sigh escaped Charlie’s mouth, making Zeke turn towards her.  She was leaving her family while he was returning to his.  The real question was whether she would be able to live near Ally, or if she would have to return home.  He didn’t mind visiting her home, but he would not live there.  Even for Charlie, he wouldn’t have that much distance between the triplets and him; not when they needed him.

“You’ll return home when this is all over,” he mumbled, before snapping his own seatbelt. 

Her head whipped towards him, a wide-eyed and angry expression on her face.  “If you think you can get rid of me when this is finished, think again.”

“Feisty.”

“Shut up, Sara,” he growled in her mind before flashing pictures of Ally’s guard.  When her breath hitched on a certain person, a slow smile spread across his face.  “Stay out of this, or I’m going to assign him to look after you.”

He could practically hear her hesitation before she spat, “Fine.”

“I don’t want you hurt,” he mumbled aloud, once he realized Charlie was looking at him expectantly.

A click echoed in the plane, signaling the fact that Charlie had finally put on her seatbelt.  Just as she did, the plane hit the ground.  He looked out the window, staring at the runway as it passed by him.  As the plane settled, he widened his range.  It didn’t take him long to find the seven people standing outside waiting on them.  He knew who they all were, even if he couldn’t read all their minds.