Aireen

Prologue:

"Honey please! Don’t do this!" I heard my mother scream from downstairs. I had no idea what was happening, just that I was frightened. Very very frightened, for my life and my parents.

"Your daughter isn’t here right now you foolish woman! she gave herself up, i’m in control now" hissed a voice so much like my older sisters but at the same time not hers at all.

I heard a a BOOM, like thunder crackling through the sky. I curled further into a ball, hugging my knees tightly to my chest with my little arms. I shouldn’t have come back from Marcy's house early, if I hadn’t I wouldn’t have been going through that torture, curled in a little ball in the darkest corner of my closet. No one knew I was home and judging from the blood curdling screams and booms that kept echoing through the house, I was glad for that.

I was there for what felt like days but could have only have been an hour or so,wishing all of what was happening was just a bad dream and I would soon wake up to my mother’s smiling face and my father’s open arms, but life had other plans. Soon the noises ceased and I was left alone there in devastating silence. I knew that my parents were dead, and so was my sister. I was smart for a 5 year old but that only made my sobbing more uncontrollable, and that’s when the cupboard door opened.

"It’s alright, you can come out now, everything is going to be fine." I looked up at the old man in front of me, he had such a gentle face,full of love and affection and that was exactly what I needed then. i leapt into his arms and started crying till I was numb while he tried to soothe me.

"Cmon" he said. "Lets take you to your new home"

12 years later.....

CHAPTER 1

"Oh god, when will this torture end" I groaned out loud to no one in particular. I mean who would hear me anyways, in a street buzzing with people shouting out their own problems about how the rates on fruits had increased, how wine had become too expensive....yada yada yada, that's all these people were capable of, none of them had REAL problems unlike me.....hmmm what WERE my problems? Oh yeah, that's right....I had been kicked out of my own guild, had no place to live, nothing to eat or drink, having very little money left, trying to find a new guild for the past month and a half, haven't been accepted in any and oh yeah! Have been walking continuously for the past two days....hows THAT for problems?

I sighed, and sat down on a stool near by, I was exhausted, It amazed me that I hadn't passed out or anything. Now don’t get me wrong, i’m not a pessimist....all the time, the whole thing had just taken its toll on me. I was scared, alone and hungry. I was just pondering over my rotten luck and how I should just kill myself right then because I was gonna die anyways knowing the universe was out to get me, when my eyes fell on a few kids playing nearby.

They all seemed so happy and free, it was like they were immune to the world around them. It reminded me so much of when I was a kid, me and my guild members were just like them.....well except for the magic part. The people I played, ate, practiced magic with, the people I thought were my only family, the same people kicked me out of my own place, and left me with no where to go, no place to call home. Things change so fast. I missed my childhood, my home.